What's up with Zoot's price lately?

karamazov80

Reaction score
I just wanted to chime in since the current auction in question is actually mine. I do not utilize shill bidding. None of the bidders are friends of mine.
Didn't mean to imply that. However, what I did suggest was that the Zoot that went for 350 bucks or so a week or so ago was really strange, jumping up to a crazy price all of a sudden when up to that point, one rarely went over 115 or so. One logical explanation (though others could exist) would be that shill bidding was the cause. If that was the case (and again, it is all speculation based on an inability to understand other reasons. . .which was the purpose of this thread to begin with), then I thought that you might be benefiting from a potential shill bid from a week or so ago, as now bidders may think that that is Zoot's value, and are willing to bid for that price. Not that you are involved in shill bidding.

In the final analysis, none of the complaining about price, selling practices, etc. really matters though. Sellers could only make profits off of shill bidding if somebody else out there (not those helping the seller) thought that an item was worth as much as it goes up to. So, though it sucks that a lot of us just can't pay that much, that is the market, and consumers always have the option of not paying.

Didn't mean to insult you or anything though, PMK (or the guy who sold one for 350 last week, for that matter). Instead, I give you props on selling your Zoot at an opportune time! Good work paying attention to the game.

Walterfego

Reaction score
I know I sold my red variant a number of years ago for around $100. Guess I should've held on. :smile:

Actually, I'm just starting to dump all of my figs/sets over the next few weeks. I gots no more room! :smirk: It's been a long time coming though, and it was not an easy decision in the slightest. :frown:

karamazov80

Reaction score
What is the market price for an open one?
I haven't seen an open Zoot for auction since the really crazy expensive in-box Zoot price from a week ago. The only one showing up on an eBay search for ended items is a yellow shirt that went for 102 dollars (plus 6 shipping) on August 8. Its funny that that now seems like a really acceptable price to me.

Also, I saw a loose red shirt variant go a few weeks ago for about 50 bucks. However, I suspect that a loose Zoot now would get 150 dollars plus, though its hard to tell. It could also be that the brief furor over Zoot has ended, and that he is now worth what he was a couple of weeks ago.

unclematt

Reaction score
I know I sold my red variant a number of years ago for around $100. Guess I should've held on. :smile:

Actually, I'm just starting to dump all of my figs/sets over the next few weeks. I gots no more room! :smirk:
Was it opened?

karamazov80

Reaction score
Nope. None of my Muppets stuff has ever been opened. Which now makes me happy, but in theory it's quite a sad statement.
How did you resist? Those beautiful creatures just beg to be released and posed! I could never have the will power to keep them contained.

rexcrk

Reaction score
How did you resist? Those beautiful creatures just beg to be released and posed! I could never have the will power to keep them contained.
haha me neither. When I first started I only got Gonzo 'cause he's my favorite and I was all "I'm NOT going to get into another toyline... but I need to get Gonzo 'cause he's my favorite character" then when Series 4 came along I had to get Mr. Samuel Arrow 'cause he was fantastic in Muppet Treasure Island. So while I was looking at them one day I said "Ah the heck with it, these are too nice to keep in the package" and the rest is history!

By the way, I never keep anything sealed unless I get a double. In my eyes, that's not what toys are for :smirk: :rolleyes:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
What are the last 3 you need.
Jim Henson, Zoot, & Lips.:cool:
And good lord I open all of mine and I refuse to pay more than 50.00 for a figure that out of the box allready...taking them fresh out of the box is half the fun!