What do you think of Abby Caddaby so far?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I could totally see those two working together. After all, we know Mumford is still around since in a recent ep, Grover talked to him off screen. They could have a segment with Mumford, even if Jerry wasn't available and they had to find a new puppeteer.

Anyway, since I've seen more shows with Abby, I'll change my opinion a bit. It doesn't seem like she's overused too much. She does seem to appear in every episode, but it's mainly inserts unless she's in the street scene. She doesn't appear to be taking up all the screen time the way Elmo has. I think she's fine as 'just one of the gang.' The reason, I feel that Abby could be used less is because Big Bird needs more airtime this season. Some scenes with Abby could be replaced with scenes with Big Bird. I'd like to see them have equal airtime if you know what I mean.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if the lack of Big Bird has anything to do with Carol. Not that I'm getting worried or anything about him.

But Abby pretty much only had like 1 or 2 street stories, and the rest of it was all inserts or the closing. While I say it isn't fair that Big Bird or Oscar isn't in every episode, It's not like they're making her out to be another Elmo.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I wonder if the lack of Big Bird has anything to do with Carol. Not that I'm getting worried or anything about him.
That's something to think about, all though Matt could always perform BB. Somebody mentioned that he already is and Carroll's just looping in the voice. Oscar still appears fairly frequently, so I don't think Carroll has too much to do with it.

wiley207

Reaction score
That's something to think about, all though Matt could always perform BB. Somebody mentioned that he already is and Carroll's just looping in the voice. Oscar still appears fairly frequently, so I don't think Carroll has too much to do with it.
I'm pretty sure that's the case because a few times Big Bird's mouth movements did not match up very well with his dialogue, so I'm sure it's Matt in the puppet and Carroll looping the dialogue.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Here is something I was thinking about this weekend and it sort of ties into what I said in the other thread about the writer's experimenting. I guess their still trying to decide what to do with BB. They might just continue to have Carroll loop in the voice. Or they might have Matt play Big Bird full time. I guess the writers are trying to focus on new characters such as Abby and are keeping Big Bird's appearances light just until they decide what to do. Again, I'm just guessing. Unless anyone here works for Sesame Workshop, we can't know for sure. Lol.

Larxene

Reaction score
She's not as bad as Elmo.. and I was really scared that she would be. I'm not annoyed by her, I like her design and I think the fairytale thing is cute. I don't know if I'd mind her 'over-exposed' if it meant a certain red monster would disappear.

SillyRed

Reaction score
I'm starting to like the chracter! She is sooooooo cute!