The End Of Muppetvision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Reaction score
According to Al Lutz at Mice Age concerning the future of MupperVision 3-D at Disney's California Advenuture:

..."MuppetVision, currently on the north side of the street, is scheduled to be replaced with Mickey's Philharmagic, but with a 1930's era pre-show designed specifically for DCA's new mission statement to play up the Walt Disney era. As they rebuild that 3-D theater, it will provide the opportunity to fill in the empty facades with real stores that can be entered instead of just looked at through shallow display windows."

Full article:

http://miceage.com/allutz/al082807a.htm

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... they're destroying Muppet vision. Okay so far othere than the fact we got TMS S2 after a 2 year wait, Disney has cut off all plans to make a show, they're tossing comics away, and they just can't seem to do anything with them... and yet they can rip down Muppet Musique.

Anyone wanna gimme a reason why we shouldn't bash Disney?

Smiles

Reaction score
Oh dear... this cannot be happening. Does this mean no Muppet Vision 3D at Disney World either? I don't know if I can handle this.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Oh dear... this cannot be happening. Does this mean no Muppet Vision 3D at Disney World either? I don't know if I can handle this.
Muppet*Vision at Disney World is safe, for now but it breaks me inside that Muppet*Vision West is going to die for a relatively bland and way too short 3D film. It's a classic! Does Disney really feel they should take out a classic for a flavor-of-the-month attraction. I'm confused, is this Disney or Universal? :boo:

anytimepally

Reaction score
I really enjoyed Mickey's Philharmagic.. do I think it should be replacing MuppetVision? Of course not, but they can't fit everything in California like they can in Florida.. that's the whole reason (according to Walt himself in a film that plays at Disney World) they built Disney World, so they'd have enough room to do anything they wanted... maybe they should've thought of rebuilding the theater into a two-story theatre with separate screens for each 3-D show

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
yeah but walt also really hated children so yeah says allot about him...

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Hummm... i dont know to belive this or NOT! :concern: as they've been sayin this for the last few years now! :confused:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Hummm... i dont know to belive this or NOT! :concern: as they've been sayin this for the last few years now! :confused:
well allot can be said for a theme park orignally built for adults...things sort of changes when walt died. sort of how the muppets did when Jim passed on.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wish someone who lived near there would call and give us an answer for sure.

Makes me nervous. If they are, you can bet WDW will follow Disneyland and MV3D will be coming out soon, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.