The End Of Muppetvision

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Yeah... they're destroying Muppet vision. Okay so far othere than the fact we got TMS S2 after a 2 year wait, Disney has cut off all plans to make a show, they're tossing comics away, and they just can't seem to do anything with them... and yet they can rip down Muppet Musique.

Anyone wanna gimme a reason why we shouldn't bash Disney?
I'm completely with you. This is complete crap. I'd say a lot more if this forum wasn't Muppet-Based.

SurfPark

Reaction score
Disney gave it a shot with "Muppet Wizard of Oz", Muppet Show release, and the movie releases. I think its hard for the company to chose what to do with them because they never were good at the style of humor involved. I can't think of any other of their properties that have a similar style.

P

Philip Kippel

I'm completely with you. This is complete crap. I'd say a lot more if this forum wasn't Muppet-Based.
Geez, will you people PLEASE stop worrying? :mad:

The only thing that's complete cr*p is Al Lutz and his gossip. Please stop reading his articles--it'd be for the best if we all ignore him.

Also, the fact that he's been repeating this for several years now gives me the impression that Mr. Lutz probably hates the Muppets or at least the Muppet-Vision 3D attraction and personally wants to see the attraction go away.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
...the fact that he's been repeating this for several years now gives me the impression that Mr. Lutz probably hates the Muppets or at least the Muppet-Vision 3D attraction and personally wants to see the attraction go away.
:attitude: You know, that makes sense to me. I don't understand not liking the Muppets, but there are a few die-hard Disney enthusiasts that really have a freakish distaste for the Muppets. Don't get it, but it's definately out there in the fringes. :sleep: :boo:

Plus, Disney doesn't like to spend money if they don't have to. The attraction brings in people!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, the fact that he's been repeating this for several years now gives me the impression that Mr. Lutz probably hates the Muppets or at least the Muppet-Vision 3D attraction and personally wants to see the attraction go away.
either that, or he gets the impression they want to replace it with something more profitable or straight from a current film. Impression, like assumption, isn't fact. But even still, it's wait and watch time. I never got to see it, cuz Disney world is so expensive. I thought about wanting to go to Sesame Place (it's the only Muppet themed amusment park around) or Universal (until they tore down all the Bullwinkle stuff).

But as I've said multiple times.... If it were even an unfounded rumor about Star Tours getting the boot, we'd have millions of SW fans writing nasty letters to Disney, burning Mickey's in effegy and such. We should write a pollite and persuasive letter asking if this is true or not. Someone's just got to find a contact.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
Um... I thought they announced Star Tours 2 based on *shudder* Pod Racing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only reason that would go up is if Geroge Lucas says so....

Man is he in his own little world.

golden teeth

Reaction score
It seems like Mickeys Philharmagic would fit in where the Princess Fantasy Fair is at Disneyland. Theyd have to build the building, but its basically dead space anyways, and its a lot of space.

Bean

Reaction score
No!

I can't beleive what I've read! I visited Orlando about a year and a half ago now and was of course eager to get to Muppetvision as quickly as possible. It worry's me that Disney even think about getting rid of it - even if it is at just one Disneyland ..... begs the question when Disney decide the do away with all Muppetvisions - very sad day if they choose to do that!
Am worried now.
:embarrassed:

Status
Not open for further replies.