Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Season 3

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Whoa, I haven't watched a lot of the bonus features yet, but I'm slowly making my way through the episodes. I'm on Wembley & The Mean Genie now. Is it just me, or could the genie in this have inspired a blue genie in a certain Disney movie?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Finally got it. Man did it take almost all day. I went to Abliene and knew it had to be at Best Buy. And there it was. You won't believe this. But Best Buy had it cheaper then Abliene's Walmart. I got it for 37 dollars and their Walmart had it for 38. I was confused by to see this but now i'm ready to watch me some zany crazy singing loving pond diving fraggles. With their small but cute Doozers and the gaint but gental (Junior) Gorgs and those two that start pretty much every episode.....Doc and Sprocket. Whoooopieee! *jumps into the pond shape bed and watches some new features and episodes*
Yes Best Buy is the cheapest for this set I was standing right in wal-mart when I called bestbuy and asked them how much it was.
I'd say the best thing to do even though I know allot of people don't like the phone or dealing with workers is to call the stores and ask them their prices.

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
I am so glad I'm not the only one who thought that the Genie could have inspired the one from Aladdin, especially with the Crick in the neck thing. Somebody else brought this up and I was thinking about it. No tributes or anything to Richard Hunt? Or is this another Mokey thing, where we have to ask them why and then they'll do it?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Whoa, I haven't watched a lot of the bonus features yet, but I'm slowly making my way through the episodes. I'm on Wembley & The Mean Genie now. Is it just me, or could the genie in this have inspired a blue genie in a certain Disney movie?
I definitely did think that too. Although he resembles him more in appearance than in temperment! Hehe

Somebody else brought this up and I was thinking about it. No tributes or anything to Richard Hunt? Or is this another Mokey thing, where we have to ask them why and then they'll do it?
Well you do get to see him in the Scared Silly segment of the bonus features. They have been trying to include him on the sets, which is great.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Gargh... still waiting on my set from Amazon. This is why I really hate ordering from Amazon... and it's too late to cancel, even though my Best Buy HAS Season 3... Ugh... oh well, at least it's helping out MC. I'm just ordering everything with speedy shipping from now on. :smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Gargh... still waiting on my set from Amazon. This is why I really hate ordering from Amazon... and it's too late to cancel, even though my Best Buy HAS Season 3... Ugh... oh well, at least it's helping out MC. I'm just ordering everything with speedy shipping from now on. :smirk:
Actually I had the same experience and I did end up changing my order to speedy shipping this time. It arrived on Septmber 11th to my amazement. I wouldn't do speedy shipping everytime cause it is slightly more expensive, but every now and then doesn't hurt. :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well if finally came! I guess it didn't take terribly long, but it was rather annoying that both my Best Buy and my Wal-Mart had the set, and I could've gotten it without waiting... Ah well, it's reat to finally have it!

I LOVE Boober and the Glob, a fantastic episode.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I wish I had used speedy shipping from Amazon. I tracked my package and it arrived in Michigan on Thursday, I think it even left the Allen Park facility on Thursday, which would mean that it would've arrived at the post office Friday at the latest... and it's STILL not here. It's like they're just sitting on it!

Used to be that I could use the Super Saver Shipping and it would only take 2-3 days, even though they advertised 5-9 business days. Now it really DOES take that long, and it's not from it taking longer to get from place to place, but rather it gets somewhere and then it just SITS. I was expecting it yesterday, then today, now it won't be here till Monday.

I am peeved, especially now that I hear the Gerry Parkes interview was worth it. I just hope they have him on the 4th and final season set to discuss those last few episodes. For those who haven't seen the ending trilogy of episodes, you're in for a treat... and you may cry.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I just finished the entire set tonight wonderfull show simply wonderfull the christmas episode with cantis made me cry a bit thinking about Jim but I'm a sap about him like that.
The interview with Doc did the same thing for me I think that was the best part of those interviews.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I've finished all of them and... wow. Season Three is practically perfect in every way. I loved it from start to finish.

All the characters really came into their own in this season, from Mokey and Wembley to Philo, Gunge and even Sprocket (although his "Big Day" didn't actually take place til Season Four, right?

Personally, and I know there were discussions that too much of the episode was shown on the bonus features, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVED The Secret Society of Poobahs. The entire time I was watching it I was just astounded by its BRILLIANCE. I know practically every episode is brilliant but this was perfection to me. The writing was TOP NOTCH (Jerry Juhl, how we miss you!) and the Poobah scenes had me in stiches. Convincing John was GLORIOUS and HYSTERICAL... I just adored it.

It amazes me at how much time and effort went into creating this DVD set. I own other TV sets where the shows are on air NOW and people don't spend HALF the energy that they did, gathering people from all over the country to go over episodes that are now over twenty years old. The love that everyone who worked on Fraggles shows through not just in the episodes but in the wonderous stories and explinations that we get in the bonus features. They didn't have to do this--and yet there's an entire DISK dedicated to bonus features alone. With bonus features such as this, you hardly feel the wish for commentary (which would be great though!).

That's all for now. Thank you, Fritz.