If you support Disney owning the Muppets...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But like, doesn't the fire burn the marshmellows? Hmm, there's some symbolism there! On the other hand, marshmellows and fire can together to form a tasty treat! Even more symbolic! :wink:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
What a genius you are!
:O

*Looks at the marshmellow and the fire reverently*

Together! We'll make smores for MC members!

>_> and sexy muppeteers.

Well, I find myself going off topic and getting very hyper...

I SHALL FLEE!

:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nothing ever gets my complete support, and I still don't know if the Disney deal is a good thing. One thing for certain is that Disney will probably own the Muppets forever. They tend not to sell such acquisitions. There have been interesting and disappointing developments. Things got off-track for a while. Looks like they're finding a way back and I'm interested in the results. Disney gets my support until I am given a very good reason why not to. :wink:

:attitude: On another note - Why the "muffining" and attempted censorship of this thread? I don't see what contradicts the forum guidelines. Maybe I missed something. :sympathy:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Well, it is the type of critiscm that does not really help the other members.
It kinda causes an uproar to some degree. The forums were made only for the interests of the people. You understand?

The forums kinda was meant for it to be pleasing rather than upsetting.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well to be fair, I don't think it's just the critiques of Disney that creates the negative feeling. People have made a lot of good points on the subject. Again, it's us sometimes not being able to let people have their opinions and move on, on both sides of the argument. I'm not pointing out anyone specifically, it's just in general. :smile:

I really don't mind the debating. But it should be a debate, rather than an argument. :smile:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Like I said I don't agree with everything they're doing but either side ranting and raving like mad fraggles isn't going to solve anything.
I don't see any problem with fans posting what they see the company holding their favorite characters should be doing. Well as long as it's constructive and not destructive.
Forming little I'm better than you groups is not a good things and I'm sure Jim would frown upon than. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I do think it would be nicer if we could just debate things civilly, rather than separating ourselves because we don't agree.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, it is the type of critiscm that does not really help the other members.
It kinda causes an uproar to some degree. The forums were made only for the interests of the people. You understand?

The forums kinda was meant for it to be pleasing rather than upsetting.
The Muppet Central site and forum were around a while before I started coming around in late 99 (the old Delphi days). Over the past seven years I have seen many debates of this sort. It is a healthy topic and part of the bread-and-butter of what a Muppet forum is (and always has been) about.

MC is a wonderful place for fans to enjoy, but it's not all (spectacular) menus :wink: , cute smileys :flirt: and product-pushing. It's also about friendly connections and healthy (sometimes lively and respectful) debate.
:big_grin:

Getting back to topic. I pop by the Disney Store in San Francisco's Union Square every month or so. I know the ownership of the stores isn't directly Disney anymore - they license the name and supply products etc. However, there's hardly any Donald anything. Try to find a Donald Duck mug -actually in the Disney Store- and most of the time you will be disappointed. This is a top Disney character! Second in command if you ask most Disney enthusiasts.

There is a method to the madness (I've been told) and they do hold back the duck so he doesn't out-shine the mouse. Not sure how much of that is accurate but his absence at times doesn't mean Disney doesn't want him. They just try to find the right place for Donald Duck.

Other Disney owned characters are chosen for promotion quarterly/seasonally. Not just with media endorsement, but they rotate the characters as not to over-expose them. I truly believe they are doing the same with the Muppets. Seeing where they fit.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Muppet Central site and forum were around a while before I started coming around in late 99 (the old Delphi days). Over the past seven years I have seen many debates of this sort. It is a healthy topic and part of the bread-and-butter of what a Muppet forum is (and always has been) about.

MC is a wonderful place for fans to enjoy, but it's not all (spectacular) menus :wink: , cute smileys :flirt: and product-pushing. It's also about friendly connections and healthy (sometimes lively and respectful) debate.
Exactly, these debates bring out a lot of great points and occasionally make things more interesting. We should be able to discuss without getting hostile. :smile:

I won't pretend to know how Disney or any company runs things. But I've seen enough of the real world to know that people aren't so strict about what's "out of date" as companies seem to think they are. There seems to be this sense of "Oh this is out of date, no one cares." Those statements are huge generalizations and don't represent the real world.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Exactly. To post a thread in a public forum and say "Post here only if you agree with it" is ridiculous. You have tons of different people on here with tons of different opinions. What's the point of having a public forum then if you can't voice your opinion? If you want people who are only going to agree with YOUR views, then make your own website, make it exclusive so only like minded people can join it and then see how quickly it becomes BORING. That's one of the reasons I like this forum: because we can discuss and debate about something we all love!