Did Humpty Dumpty die?

salemfan

Reaction score
Well, I would assume yes, Humpty Dumpty did die, because they couldn't put him together again, and having no shell is liking having no body, so he obviously died. What do any of you think-did Humpty Dumpty die when he broke from his fall off the wall?

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
LOL!
I wondered that since a child.
I do think the poor dude died.
LOL!

Java

Reaction score
Did anyone else here think that the Humpty Dumpty puppet on the Sesame Street Newsflash was very scary?

He certainly was to me.

As to the original question... I never gave it any thought.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I definitely belonged to the club of "Scared of Sesame Street's Humpty Dumpty"!

I never really thought about it but yeah I suppose the original meaning was that Humpty did die. But it's also possible to say he didn't since he's a fictional character.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King's horses and all the King's men said, "Ah, forget about him. He's only an egg." :big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In the early '90s TV special Mother Goose Rock n Rhyme, Howie Mandell plays a wise cracking (heh cracking) Humpty Dumpty. When he falls, only one king's horse and one king's man comes to help him.

"Hey, budget cuts, we're scaling back!"

"Well, put him together again!

"Heh, no can do!"

"Why not?"

"It's because we forgot the glue!"

Lol, I love that show!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I was Humpty Dumpty in the school play when we did Alice in Wonderland last year. The king's horses and the king's men are ready god forbid anything happens. :crazy: :wink:

Pork

Reaction score
According to an insert taken from the East Anglia Tourist Board in England, Humpty Dumpty was a powerful cannon used in the Siege of Colchester during the English Civil War. It was mounted on top of the St Mary's at the Wall Church in Colchester defending the city against siege in the summer of 1648. Although Colchester was a Royalist stronghold, it was besieged by the Roundheads for 11 weeks before finally falling. The church tower was hit by enemy cannon fire and the top of the tower was blown off, sending "Humpty" tumbling to the ground. Naturally all the King's horses and all the King's men (Royalist cavalry and infantry respectively) tried to mend "him" but in vain. Other reports have Humpty Dumpty referring to a sniper nicknamed One-Eyed Thompson, who occupied the same church tower.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
According to an insert taken from the East Anglia Tourist Board in England, Humpty Dumpty was a powerful cannon used in the Siege of Colchester during the English Civil War. It was mounted on top of the St Mary's at the Wall Church in Colchester defending the city against siege in the summer of 1648. Although Colchester was a Royalist stronghold, it was besieged by the Roundheads for 11 weeks before finally falling. The church tower was hit by enemy cannon fire and the top of the tower was blown off, sending "Humpty" tumbling to the ground. Naturally all the King's horses and all the King's men (Royalist cavalry and infantry respectively) tried to mend "him" but in vain. Other reports have Humpty Dumpty referring to a sniper nicknamed One-Eyed Thompson, who occupied the same church tower.
Very interesting!:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wait a second... Who ever said Humpty Dumpty was ever an egg? These "nursery Rhymes" are actually pretty gruesome stuff they made up long long ago. Ring around the Rosey? it's about the plague!

So it could actually be a human.