Painful Fraggle Moments

NewfieFraggle

Reaction score
The animated voice of Junior Gorg. Most of the voices are a bit off, I'll understand (though I LOVE Rob Paulsen's spin on the characters), but Junior Gorg sounds completely off, and the Gorgs look pretty ugly in animated form.

I know the Animated voices are off.. Fact they kinda disturb me.. But I do like a couple... I do like Gobo's voice, but that's only because I can immitate that one as opposed to the real Gobo's voice...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know the Animated voices are off.. Fact they kinda disturb me.. But I do like a couple... I do like Gobo's voice, but that's only because I can immitate that one as opposed to the real Gobo's voice...
I think Rob Paulsen's version of Boober and Majory the Trash Heap were the best, even if they were off. They aren't as close as the Muppet baby voices (Frank Welker's Baby Kermit is the best Kermit impersonation I've ever heard, and Gregg Berg's Fozzie is almost dead on.) but some of them are pretty good. Junior Gorg is the worst, since he just sounds like a baby, and not a big stupid guy with a weird voice...

MFS? Care to elaborate on that episode?
MFS- Muppets From Space. In the original Jerry Juhl script, Travelling Matt was to be in the group of Spaceheads at the end, waiting for Gonzo's alien bretherin. But it was one of many plot devices that Sony (or someone else) decided would go over the heads of the preschool audience. Because Muppets= Sesame Street in their minds. Also gone was the much more complex ending in which Gonzo really WASN'T an alien, and the space visitors were just fans of Gonzo. Jerry Juhl got p'o'd and left the project.

Frogster

Reaction score
I almost forgot about that... can't really blame Juhl for being upset, though.

What's unique about one episode in season 4, "Gone But Not Forgotten," is that it starts off corny, until Mudwell wants Wembley to leave, then it gets more and more serious. I think the 'painfulness' of this episode can be excused since it's the starting of a very serious subject matter.

I was thinking a while back... when you watch all 96 episodes, you really see the characters evolve- even more personally than the Muppets. In seasons 1 & 2, they're kinda like grade schoolers, just having fun, but you see them learn and grow with each episode. Then by season 3, it's like they're in high school (or at least, what high schoolers would be like if they had a high school in Fraggle Rock) and in the last season, they just seem so terrifically beautiful, insightful, and wonderous.

And the puppets of the characters look so awesome by the end of the show's run, as well. Especially Mokey. Look at how homeless and hippy-like she was in the beginning. Then, not only did her character mature, but she really did look beautiful... the most stunning of all the Fraggles. I'm not sayin that cuz I have a crush on her; I'm saying that because she looks terrific.

And Wembley's character seems to evolve the most of the Fraggle Five. Up until halfway through the season's run, he's mainly known as the 'wembler.' But he's very decisive and sure of himself the further the show goes on. It'd be really, really hard for the creators to try and do a movie after 20 years and pick up right where they left off without trying to sell themselves primarily to preschoolers.

Java

Reaction score
It'd be really, really hard for the creators to try and do a movie after 20 years and pick up right where they left off without trying to sell themselves primarily to preschoolers.
Hopefully the characters will be such that if they watch the series and how it evolved just before they sit down to write that it will just come naturally.

I would hate to see the Fraggles changed into something primarily for preschoolers escpecially since the more I watch it the more poignant it is and the more I see excatly how much it is targeted for all.

Rose

Reaction score
Oops. :embarrassed: Right, I REALLY have to get all of them again. I'm starting to forget. lol

Yes me too! It was like one of those moments where you almost feel awkward watching it because it is such an emotional moment and you're "intruding".

Btw, that was actually the first part of the finale, Honk of Honks, which Richard Hunt directed. :smile:

Mr Devco

Reaction score
the last episode i saw where Gobo and Wembly had pebble pox it looked liked wembly was really dying :concern::frown::cry:

PetalGelfling

Reaction score
There were a few episodes that sort of bothered me as a kid. I didn't like Mudwell... I was completely wrecked when he died. And I was also concerned when the Mokey convinced the Fraggles not to eat the Doozer sticks, and that mother Doozer told her daughter that if they couldn't build anymore they would die. I had a huge issue with death when I was little, I was only about 4 or 5 when I started watching Fraggle Rock, so of course the subject of death was confusing and bewildering to me. Those are the only true painful Fraggle moments I can think of. But I loved Convincing John :smile: from that episode about the Doozers ^_^.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Painful memories? Hmmmmm! Let's see...

In "Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe", Majory the Trash Heap was frozen and that didn't scare me, but it bothered me too.

"Pebble Pox Blues"
As a kid, Wembley being sick... goodness that bothered me... today not as much but it scared the wits out of me even though he is my favorite FR chartacter.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
Mudwell... he bothered me as a kid and I felt devasted when that character died. Oh the irony!