Dave's Appropriate and Distanced Admirers

anytimepally

Reaction score
Gonzo is my favorite of The Muppet Show muppets.. and the guy in my avatar there, though certainly a one-trick pony, should've been kept after Muppets Tonight!.. he's hilarious

one of my favorite Dave Goelz muppeteering moments..

- when they're watching the Muppet Babies video in A Muppet Family Christmas, I love the thing he does with Gonzo's eyes after he says "what a handsome devil I was".. or whatever he said.. it was something like that.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I agree!

Sadly, Gonzo did not start out as one of my favorites. It strangley turned out to be the secretly sadistic good-natured Scientist. What I found interesting was that, Dave had a slightly hard time with him (Zoot reaches as number one actually) from what I read or maybe I am incorect...

I don't know what I adore in the melon-headed muppet.
I suppose it's the Mr. Rogers personality. I always did like those types
of characters.

Later, Gonzo then became a favorite.

o___O

Ain't it just cute, Dave actually had Gonzo kind of show how he personally was feeling as he started out. :smile:

Kind of using Gonzo as a reflection to what he could not express..

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ain't it just cute, Dave actually had Gonzo kind of show how he personally was feeling as he started out. :smile:

Kind of using Gonzo as a reflection to what he could not express..
We've talked about that on the RHLC, how the perfomers often seemed to use the puppets to express themselves. :smile:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
And you know what, he said at one of the panels that he still sings I'm Going To Go Back There Someday to his kids each night. That's so cool.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I definately think he's an underrated performer. He took Gonzo from a one-shot character and made him really broad, interesting, and funnier than ever. And his characters all have a bit of a zing to them, like Bunsen, who surprises me sometimes with the things he says, and of course Boober and Travelling Matt. So quirky yet loveable!

FraggleRockRock

Reaction score
Whoopie! a Dave Goelz fan thing! Can I come too? Can I PLEEEEESE?

OK, I think I got a bit too into it. *Wipes feet without waiting for an answer and hops deftly through the door, tripping briefly over the doorjamb but landing in a neat reclining position on a conveniently placed cushion.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
*Sits next to her*
It's a-okay.
That's how I was at the RHLC <3.
*Pats*