Halloween is just around the corner

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I know how you feel. I had someone tell me something and i told them it wasn't and then when i heard it on tv or which ever i felt like a fool for telling my freind that he was wrong.

I need a Halloween avatar too. I NEED MONSTERS! *evil laughter*
Mine has zombies :wink:

You know, I dont like beetlejuice. Actually, its one of the only burton films I didnt like :smirk:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ I don't care for the movie that much (frankly, Beetlejuice was just too perverted and lewd for me, to the point where I was rather uncomfortable when he came around). The TV series, however, I love :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I didn't like the live action movie at all, it defiantly freaked my out. Plus the idea of them being in their wedding cloths and then slowly dieing again while saying they loved each other was just too much for me...Beetlejuice was actually not as much of a villain as the living people were in the movie...I think that's why I loved the cartoon so much :3

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, I got my costume already.Its the same thing I wore last year! Yay! I gets ta be a fuzzy cute and (snarling) cuddy werewolf! Again!

Only loast year I wore a black robe. This year I'm ditching the robe and dressing like I normally dress. Which means I'm gonna wear my harley jacket (unless I can convince my mom to buy me a black trenchcoat, which I probably wont), tshirt (hmmm...probably my ozzy shirt?), guitar pick necklace, jeans, and my *black* DCs. I'm going for a rocker look XD

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm not sure whether or not I'll be passing candy out this year. I was alone last year and didn't really want to deal with it.

I wish I was still young enough to TOT :frown: I miss it!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of passing out candy, if you've ever been in that position, what's the most trick-or-treaters you've gotten in one night?

Two years ago, I believe we ended up with about 145 kids in a single night... we ran out of candy half-way, and ended up having make an emergency run to the store for more.

Redsonga

Reaction score
*shrugs* I loved the film, but then again, Burton is a madcap genius in my book. ^_^
Some of the 'madcapness' just went too much on the gruesome side to me. I think it was that I actually liked the two ghosts that were the stars :\.

Finally, to get rid of the uber-boring Maitlands, I could surmize that they crossed over into Heaven, because once they let the Deetz family stay in their house in Peaceful Pines, the ghosts themselves had no more unfinished business to attend to (and as per another ghostly franchise, the only reason ghosts exist is because they still would have business to finish before--and when--they die).
I don't think their business was finished, I always thought that it was the fact that they did not get to live a full life that stopped them, and that the universe of the movie and cartoon were two different things...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Speaking of passing out candy, if you've ever been in that position, what's the most trick-or-treaters you've gotten in one night?

Two years ago, I believe we ended up with about 145 kids in a single night... we ran out of candy half-way, and ended up having make an emergency run to the store for more.
Oh gosh, I'm not even sure. In my current neighborhood, there doesn't seem to be that many kids, so we've gotten very few in the past. It feels like the numbers slip every year because parents are so paranoid now :sympathy: They go somewhere "safe" like a mall pass-out in the middle of the day or just keep them inside. Makes me sad that they're missing out.

In my childhood neighborhood the numbers were really big, especially since the neighborhoods were "attached" through sidewalks, and they were mostly family oriented places. Lots of kids.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I love both the Beetlejuice movie and cartoon. I don't mind if they contradict, they're totally different things. :smile:

It is odd that so few Halloween specials are shown anymore. In an effort to removed the old, we've ended up with nothing.