Halloween is just around the corner

Davina

Reaction score
I live in a neighborhood consisting of like 5 "circles".. in ours,. there's like 5 kids old enough/young enough to trick or treat, and the other circles are, give or take, about the same.. so, at most, we really only expect to max out at 30 kids, tops.. and really, we're surprised if we get that, cuz we live across from the fairground, where they always have a HUGE trick or treat/spook alley thing, so everyone goes over there.. makes it nice though, cuz we can go all out on the stuff we hand out to the kiddies.
last year, though, we got a surprisingly large number of teenagers.. which i'm fine with, if they have younger kids in tow.. but you hit 16 and are still trick or treating, you better have a reason other then boredom or a need for a sugar fix... heh...
so this year i've stocked up on some "teen only" type treats just for them.. (ya know.. raisins and such...) so they don't depleate the kiddie sacks like they did last year..

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Teen only'? You don't go trick-or-treating when you're a teenager, you're too old for that.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I stopped going trick or treating after the 6th grade. It was just that time to hang up the costume and call it quits.

I do find it odd seeing high schoolers still doing that. If you want some candy, ask your parents to get you bags of chocolate to munch on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I stopped going trick or treating after the 6th grade. It was just that time to hang up the costume and call it quits.
Grade 7 was the last year I went trick-or-treating, after that, I was a teenager, and when you're a teenager, it IS odd to go trick-or-treating... like toddlers still drinking out of sippy-cups, or David Puddy sleeping on Ziggy bed sheets.
Ryan said:
I do find it odd seeing high schoolers still doing that. If you want some candy, ask your parents to get you bags of chocolate to munch on.
Lol, yep, it's true.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
My thing is, if high schoolers want to dress up in costume, throw a halloween costume party and invite your friends. No sense to have a costume party by yourself.

If you just want candy, go to the store and get all the candy you can eat.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My thing is, if high schoolers want to dress up in costume, throw a halloween costume party and invite your friends. No sense to have a costume party by yourself.
Yup we did that, it was a blast!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Grade 7 was the last year I went trick-or-treating, after that, I was a teenager, and when you're a teenager, it IS odd to go trick-or-treating... like toddlers still drinking out of sippy-cups, or David Puddy sleeping on Ziggy bed sheets.
Lol, yep, it's true.
It's not that odd, I went until I got out of high school and I did not care if I was too old (and no one said anything anyway:smile: ). I still dress up every year and buy too much candy and I do have cartoon bedsheets I collect thank you very much :coy:.

The thing is even now I have to be out of doors on halloween night no matter what, it just has a magical feeling that it is a waste to even think about missing...

But then, my favorite season is fall and my favorite holiday is halloween :excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It sort of reminds me of the masquerade balls Jim used to have for the company. It's great when adults can have that freedom that you sort of forget about later on. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
It has dearly departed, sadly. When kids hit that certain age, they think they're too old to dress up (just as they feel they're too old to believe in Santa or in the magic that only Disney & Henson could bring).
It only has if you think it has and it has not to me. It is always there, you just have to listen...
It's nice to see somebody stand up for having harmless fun, even if it is supposedly beyond one's age range! Kudos to you, Becky!
I think when you give up on having fun is when you really start to get old and die inside. I am in no rush to give into the part of aging which is within my control just because some nameless someone says one way of thinking is normal for 'someone my age'. They don't know me so how could they know what is normal and makes me happy inside?
Oh, they like dressing up, alright. But sadly, most of the other adults don't like it, apparently. Our family is considered the oddity, because we're the only ones who still choose to dress up, despite societal standards.
Ph:stick_out_tongue: When the societal standards are nothing but go to work, send the kids to college and then retire and wait to die me thinks your parents have it much better in their way of thinking than those other people ever will...
That magic FR was always talking about? Well, the soul of Halloween is very much a part of it IMHO :smile:.