Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Found the code. Hope it still works...

they were offering 30% off (Code: BONUS) and $5 shipping (Code: SHIPFOR5).

Davina

Reaction score
yes.. those deals are nice.. unless you live somewhere like Alaska... heh...
we almost NEVER get discounted shipping on anything...
if we're lucky, we can get a company to use postal instead of FedEx or UPS or such... "can't ship ground, only air" with those... which means it's over night, so highest possible shipping rates.... *sigh*
even though Anchorage is a MAJOR hub for both companies and I'm pretty sure there are roads through Canada, and they ship there too... do the Canadians here have to deal with that sort of mess too? I know the US government has Alaska and Hawaii tabbed as third world countries when it comes to shipping regulations... *sigh*

chequepoint

Reaction score
I may be the only one on this board, but I won't buy something just because it exists. I think you have to have standards or the standards will be lowered for everyone.

:stick_out_tongue:
You're not the only one. There was half a second when I thought.. well maybe.. and then I saw the group shot.. and realized that not only does gonzo look like my giant pez dispensing gonzo, putting him next to kermit and animal shatters the illusion that these are real.

Still, I've found its best not to argue with the members of this board who are clearly drinking the master replicas kool aide. You'll never get anywhere, they'd be happy with anything that was offered for sale, and defend their purchases to the end.

Love travis, love master replicas, love my first two, can't wait to buy fozzie. At the end of the day I feel that gonzo should not have been made, I currently feel the same way about piggy. So its no harm to me not having them, I'd rather they didn't exist at all. There is no such thing as an 80% replica. Anything below 95% enters toy territory.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I really like my Gonzo. Didn't think I would.

I don't simply like Gonzo because it's "the best they could do" I like him in spite of his flawed nose netting. He's pretty sweet once you get him. Yeah, I'm not keen on the method chosen, but even so I don't feel like I'm "settling".

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
You're not the only one. There was half a second when I thought.. well maybe.. and then I saw the group shot.. and realized that not only does gonzo look like my giant pez dispensing gonzo, putting him next to kermit and animal shatters the illusion that these are real.

Still, I've found its best not to argue with the members of this board who are clearly drinking the master replicas kool aide. You'll never get anywhere, they'd be happy with anything that was offered for sale, and defend their purchases to the end.

Love travis, love master replicas, love my first two, can't wait to buy fozzie. At the end of the day I feel that gonzo should not have been made, I currently feel the same way about piggy. So its no harm to me not having them, I'd rather they didn't exist at all. There is no such thing as an 80% replica. Anything below 95% enters toy territory.

No one iis defending there purchase to the end. I just think it gets REALLY petty. Personally I am speaking. It is each to there own so you cannot throw that. I may not be a die hard Muppet person like most of you, and I know others who aren't as well. Only the die hard fans would pick out every detail, every wrinkle, every color etc. on these. I bought him cause I like Gonzo....big woop! I didn't buy him cause he was just up for sale. I think Travis said enough on this, and I know how he feels. Glad it wasn't me that had to face this mess when Gonzo came out.

Luke

Reaction score
Only the die hard fans would pick out every detail, every wrinkle, every color etc.
Hang on a minute, remember these are supposed to be REPLICAS? I'm not sure you are grasping the concept of these. It's what the original mission from Master Replicas was - to create ACCURATE REPLICAS of the ORIGINAL PUPPETS USING THE SAME PUPPETS AND SIMILAR MATERIALS. I don't dispute that some people are happy with their Gonzo and he does look a lot of fun but clearly this did not happen this time. The explanations been given, it looks like this hopefully won't be allowed to happen again, but you cannot pick at ANYONE for being petty when they are picky about every detail, wrinkle when these are being sold to them as REPLICAS. Hardly anyone aside from a hardcore Muppet fan is gonna pay $400 for a Muppet poser so you aren't going to find enough people to buy these at that price who aren't going to be picky about them.

I kinda agree with chequepoint on Miss Piggy too. I think its a very risky one for them to do, she would have to be perfect to have any chance because Piggy is a weak seller anyway - but it would be very hard for them to mass produce a perfect Piggy. I would much rather they did a Rizzo first, and spend a lot of R&D time on Piggy because there is a chance she could be another Gonzo and i wouldn't want to see her kill the line. Fozzie will probably build a lot of momentum and new people into the line, and there is a chance of lots of other cool characters that they could nail much easier and continue this line way longer. The group looks fine without her, it wouldn't bother me if they axed her completely. To me it is about quality (as Blinky was saying), its not about the price or how well known the character is.

mrsieve

Reaction score
yes.. those deals are nice.. unless you live somewhere like Alaska... heh...
we almost NEVER get discounted shipping on anything...
if we're lucky, we can get a company to use postal instead of FedEx or UPS or such... "can't ship ground, only air" with those... which means it's over night, so highest possible shipping rates.... *sigh*
even though Anchorage is a MAJOR hub for both companies and I'm pretty sure there are roads through Canada, and they ship there too... do the Canadians here have to deal with that sort of mess too? I know the US government has Alaska and Hawaii tabbed as third world countries when it comes to shipping regulations... *sigh*
We do, plus the lovely Duty tax! Plus trying to find an authorized MR dealer in Canada is next to impossible. So free shipping on the MR site means, bend over and get ready to pay (excuse my French). And when the courier company comes, get ready to hand over that credit card (gotta love that...no worries about cc fraud or id fraud whats so ever!) to pay for the import/duty tax, broker fee, a fee to use a blue pen on a Thursday, etc.

Shipping is the only reason right now that I haven't gotten Animal yet.

Oh, btw, just for fun I tried the shipping code, and unfort. it not longer works.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
We do, plus the lovely Duty tax! Plus trying to find an authorized MR dealer in Canada is next to impossible. So free shipping on the MR site means, bend over and get ready to pay (excuse my French). And when the courier company comes, get ready to hand over that credit card (gotta love that...no worries about cc fraud or id fraud whats so ever!) to pay for the import/duty tax, broker fee, a fee to use a blue pen on a Thursday, etc.

Wow that sucks mrsieve. Sorry to hear that. :sympathy:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I agree 100% about the 80% and 95% in your message... and everything else in the paragraph above.

I said it before. This Gonzo is an expensive toy. Granted, it's the nicest and best Muppet toy ever made... even better than the Ideal Kermit... but it is in no way an "authentic replica". It doesn't matter what the reasons were that they couldn't do it right. I mean, I understand the reasons, but that's besides the point. The way they made him, he is not an "authentic replica".

Personally, I don't collect toys. I only have two of the Palisades Muppets, Jim Henson and Rainbow Connection Kermit. I didn't even get the flocked Kermit statue that Disney put out, as nice as that was. So, when they get back to making replicas, as we assume they will with Fozzie, then I'll buy again.

:stick_out_tongue:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Why are people saying it shouldnt have been made.That is a selfish viewpoint for the people who do want it.Just because they dont want it doesnt mean that nobody else should be deprived of it.For those who dont want it, just dont buy it and forget about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.