Muppets Eating People

muppetsahoy

Reaction score
Muppets eating people--or trying to--always freaked me out. Share your memories of muppets eating actual people -- guest stars on the Muppet Show, from the movies, if any. I just remember the John Cleese episode with the manager and the Cloris Leachman episode with Sweetums and the island. Anyone have any others they want to share (beyond the instances listed on Muppetwikia)?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Didn't Animal try to bite Rita Moreno? Does that count as "eating" or was Animal being "Fiesty".

ploobis

Reaction score
Behemoth tried to eat Zero Mostel.

muppetsahoy

Reaction score
Yeah. Sometimes it was funny, and sometimes it was downright freaky (at least for me).

Beauregard

Reaction score
Was Candice Bergan eaten, or just carried away? I really can't remember...

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I think you may mean Rita Moreno Beau. She was picked up and carried away by Sweetums offscreen. Whatever happened next, then I guess we can imagine anything.:wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hmm...Maybe I do? I was thinking of the female guest star who was trying to take a photo of Kermit. I thought he said, "Candid for Candice."

ploobis

Reaction score
Sweetums ate Candice's camera and Kermit said "You're lucky, Last week he ate the guest". :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ah-ha! Thanks so much! That's been bothering me for the last day or so...I knew there was some sort of eatery happening!

Xerus

Reaction score
There was that Furniture Monsters skit in the Vincent Price episode where a TV grew eyes and teeth and ate a whatnot. And the Newsman's desk ended up eating the Newsman. I always thought that was the scariest skit on the Muppet Show.