Your Animal Replica Pictures

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!
My wife has taken my cam so I cannot take pics! Ill wait until 2morrow, in the meantime I cant wait to see everyone elses, MC hurry up and post yours

MWoO

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says, the eyes are too far apart.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I think it depends on which era you compare him to, are you getting him MWo0? he is a fab piece to have.............am I right in saying that they are in proportion as he looks masive compared to Kermit?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
yeah he has the leatherette pants they look great in person so does the waistecoat, i've just tweaked the eyebrows a bit to cover the edge of the eyelid shell.
Lab Rat, how did you get the eyelids to stay wide open?

:stick_out_tongue:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion, but I freeze-framed on this video that MyMuppet posted in the other thread, then went back and forth between the frame where he was looking directly at camera and Lab Rat's pictures and it sure looks right to me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thank you soooo much for the pictures!

Wow. Okay, we've had the best Kermit product ever, now this, in my opinion, is the best Animal product ever. Gets my endorsement! :halo:

My only (outrageously nitpicky) concerns:
*Hair moustache around the mouth area is more pronounced than I remember.
*Teeth are quite white.
*Eye focus seems a microscopic bit wide.
*Concerned about posing the eyebrows.

That being said, and that's the most critical I can get, Animal looks to be 98% spot-on. And this is just from the photographs! I know I will fall in love with mine. There are puppets Henson and Disney have used in productions that are far less close to a true representation of Animal than this one. Also, every puppet looks different.

From what has been released - MR still has the best Muppet product ever! By far. :smile:

Just a recap - I see Animal as 98% accurate. My nitpicky concerns with Kermit were pupil size and collar material. He's 99% accurate in my view. Both are worth getting for the fan that can invest. My only concern now is Gonzo. I'm still very concerned about the nose and top lip. In the pics (they really need to get better photos of these) I've seen from MR, Gonzo is 78% accurate. Terry's first proto was always at 100% for me. I wonder if they still have it around to compare? :concern:

Telly

Reaction score
Animal isn't one of my top ten favorite Muppets from the Muppet Show. I didn't plan on getting him. After seeing LabRat's pictures...I've changed my mind! I'm going to save up for Gonzo first and then put a good chunk aside for Fozziem, but then I'm going to start to save up for Animal! Wow! He looks soo cool! I'm jealous!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Ok guys, and you too Lab Rat....how do you control the hair/fur on him? His mustache is sticking straight out and his hair is a BIG bouffont in the back and I cannot get it to lay down like it should. How did you get your Animal working right Lab Rat? And for all you guys, have some wire cutters available, there is quite a bit of wires to get loose to get him out of the box and out of his body bag. Sheesh....his hair is a mess and I cannot tame his mustache.

Oh yeah...one more thing, his mouth does not close either.

MWoO

Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion, but I freeze-framed on this video that MyMuppet posted in the other thread, then went back and forth between the frame where he was looking directly at camera and Lab Rat's pictures and it sure looks right to me.

Animals eyes are right next to each other in that video. Sometimes it appears as if there is a space, but that is his nose. When he looks down the eyes are clearly right next too each other with very little space. Look at any picture of animal from any ear and I bet the eyes will be right next to each other with no space. There should be no eye brow fur between them either. The replica is wrong on the eyes.

Some proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDdWBlix48Y&feature=related from the muppet movie

http://www.brabud.nu/lotImage/muppet_animal.jpg a slightly more modern animal

http://www.flickr.com/photos/heilemann/38225027/ animal with Mr t, much much smaller eye gap

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8776667@N08/533171798/ some random animal pic.

as you can see, in all these instances animals eyes are almost right up against each other. I odn't know why I am the only one who sees this obvious error in the likeness and frankly these final product shots are making me not want animal at all.