Your Animal Replica Pictures

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
It's amazing how many slightly different looks she had even in the first few years.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Anthony: Can you give a tutorial on the felt thing you did with your Animal's eyes?
Yipes! You asked me last week and I forgot, sorry! :embarrassed:

Anywho, here's a quick little graphic I came up with, it should be about 7.5" from end to end (but maybe cut a 9" piece just to be sure, spreading it over his eyes and making the middle cut by eye, that's what I did).

- Cut out the half-circles on either side, with a flap in the middle that curves back up to the edge from the middle.

- Tuck the lower half under his lid so the half-circle lines up with the peg on the side of one of his eyes, then work your way to the middle of his eyes, tucking it in as you go.

- When you get to the center, you might bunch up the felt just a bit, but that's okay - it'll smooth out a little later when you apply the glue.

- Keep working your way over to the other side, making sure the half-circle lines up again.

After the lower side of the felt piece is all tucked in, it'll be time to hot-glue! As long as you've got a steady hand you should be fine, otherwise, I'm sure a pointy-tipped strong glue-stick would work just as well. All the glue touches is the felt and the white plastic.

- Starting on either end, squeeze an even line along the white lids towards the middle (not too thick, not too thin), stopping before you get to the middle flap. Then quickly fold the felt over and apply pressure (but not too much or you'll squeeze it out) before the glue cools. Hold a few seconds, but don't burn yourself! :eek:

- Repeat from the other side.

- Middle flap is the easiest. Daub the glue on the white part in the middle of his eyelids. Fold one side over, then the other, and finally the middle flap. Press, hold, and you're done! Now you've got some adjustable eyelids.

Here's another sketch that sums it all up real quick.

This is what I did, and I love it! It worked out great for me, but everyone has got their own vision of how Animal should look, so please only attempt this if you're confident in your hot-glue applying abilities!

Animal was very intrigued while I was typing this. Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
....Or you can just go to the nearest fabric store and buy some faux fur for about a buck and clip it off and glue it to the white part of the brow, then BINGO! :concern:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
LOL, yeah, that too. Like I said, this was just the way I did it and it worked out great.

:smile:
Anthony

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Might I also suggest that there is self-adhesive felt that you can get at Michael's if you're nervous about using hot glue. I haven't tried it yet, but this is what I'm planning to do with mine. I think it will be much easier to correct a mistake this way.

:stick_out_tongue:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ah yes, of course! All I've got is Wal*Mart so my pickin's is slim.

:wink:
Hey Earl!

Luke

Reaction score
wow -that all sounds so .......... complicated. I would be totally lost, lol.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hmm, methinks me giveth too much detail...lith? Hee hee.

Just look at the second link, explains everything.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hmm, methinks me giveth too much detail...lith? Hee hee.

Just look at the second link, explains everything.
I won't be using your instructions, but they are a joy to look at! The detail and quality of your directions are...beautiful, for lack of a better term! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial, Anthony! I like your idea because it does allow the eyes to be posed as well.