Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Loren

Reaction score
I caught a sneak preview of this film last night, and I thought I'd pass along that there's a Muppet cameo in the movie. And if you want spoilers:

In the opening montage of people shopping at the Emporium, one of the shoppers is Kermit. Some kids react to his presence, and he has a couple of lines of dialogue in response.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't see that movie! I'm tellin' ya! They got rid of Kathy Greenwood like she was a kleenex full of snot!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Are you freaking serious? I wasn't going to go see this movie, but now I have an excuse, too! This is :smile: 's first time in a theatrical film since MFS, right?

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
YEA! SOUNDS AWESOME! My Mom has been buggin me to go and see it with her, and now, I'm definitley goin! :smile:

So what is his appearance like exactly?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Noooooooo! Don't see it! It's not worth it!

BOYCOT THIS MOVIE! BOYCOT THIS MOVIE!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I never planed to see this Willy Wonka rip off movie but now I'm sort of tempted.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is the report from IMDB on said controversy

"Originally signed on to play the character of Eric's mother in Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, but due to scheduling conflicts, she wasn't able to attend filming, and her character was re-cast with Rebecca Northan playing the part."

This sort of thing happens all the time. I thought that the D'snowth statement was implying that a writer or creator in the enterprise has been pushed aside. It appears to be simple recasting. That's no reason to boycott a film. Does the actress report feeling slighted by the action? If it has Hoffman, I'll see it! Sat through mediocre films like "Meet the Falkers" and "Hero" for him. Considering there's a Muppet cameo, this is a no-brainer. And yes, a Muppet performer is credited at IMDB as well (at # 8 probably due to order of appearance).