Idea for Possible Sesame Street's 40th Birthday Celebration Special

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I know that I'm early on this but within two years from now Sesame Street will soon be 40 years old, and I have a perfect way for the show to celebrate it BIG birthday.

Why don't they try this idea again, but this time make it for Sesame Street....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkNE4FiUtOE&feature=related

I mean if Disney can let the Muppets and Kermit host this prime time special, as a look back on the series and it's characters. :big_grin:

The guest of honor would be Big Bird, but the Bird would come in late as he looking for the special guest star. Which leaves the Muppets, the adults and the rest of the SS cast to try to put on a show without him...for now.

As the show progress we learn the "origins" of the show and we see many of the shows characters getting the spotlight and talking about their favorite memories on SS while entertaining the crowd. Every one gets the spot light from Snuffy and his little sister Alice, to Bob, to even Parie Dawn.

We even see Abby and Kermit together for a little number of their own as well as the Muppets getting to know the SS gang a little better.

Many celebrities would come in and try to give SS their thanks as well as musical numbers to some of SS classical songs.

Big Bird would come in during the last part of the song, SING, and would bring in his special guest, the current President of the United States. :concern:

Anyhow it ends with the president telling us how SS influence the world and because of the show duties to the children, the show itself is presented with a Nobel Peace Prize for Literature. Making it the first show to do so.

Also the president introuduces Big Bird and he goes into a series of his famous songs.

The show ends with "The Street that we lived on," and ending it with the classic Sesame Street ending, just for old times sake.

So what do you think of the idea ?

Is a good idea or a bad one ?

What would be your idea of trying to get the Street to celebrate it 40th birthday ?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think it sounds great actually! Though I personally would wait until the next President (though, there's no guarantees there either hehe!).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For such a special, I wonder if Grover would be waiting on everybody. Rosita could introduce clips from various international versions of Sesame Street. I doubt that Bruno would get rebuilt even for an occassion like this, but maybe a lot of other retired characters could return, since most of the characters no longer on the show are made from anything muppets. It would be great if characters like Roosevelt Franklin, Herbert Birdsfoot, and Sherlock Hemlock appeared at the event.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
maybe some outtakes of Sesame Street! I mean Bloopers!

Pino

Reaction score
cant we just have a big bird reunion the same time.. All of the main characters from the running international versions that appearce at one time ? It makes the song even better when all the shows song with the original cast. And all those large birds... great pleasures for the eyes! Al those bright couliured feathers!

mbmfrog

Reaction score
For such a special, I wonder if Grover would be waiting on everybody. Rosita could introduce clips from various international versions of Sesame Street. I doubt that Bruno would get rebuilt even for an occassion like this, but maybe a lot of other retired characters could return, since most of the characters no longer on the show are made from anything muppets. It would be great if characters like Roosevelt Franklin, Herbert Birdsfoot, and Sherlock Hemlock appeared at the event.

Yes I was hope that within my idea, after we learn the "origins" of the show, then maybe we could get into the character spotlighting moments. :big_grin:

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Maybe a big bird ego Superbird and a villain also visit Sesame Street!

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Anyhow I was wondering about a finale song for the 40th anniversary special and I found out about this song the other day...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jr0SkDXgCPE

It shows one of the Songs from the Big Bird Sings DVD show, and it's the one where he introduces himself to the little children in school.

MY idea is for it to be revise as an upbeat song which could introduced everyone, the classic characters that we know today, on Sesame Street. :smile: