Your thoughts of The Muppets at Macy's Thankgiving Parade '07

Doug&Rodney

Reaction score
no one mentioned about the Abby Cadabby Baloon! Right before the Sesame Street Float there was a huge abby cadabby baloon.

I'm the only Muppet Fan in the house hold so when i saw the SS float i was like screaming "Oh My God it's Bob McGrath!" and my brother was said "Who the heck is that" lol!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I think if you re-watch the SS float segment and track who sings what lines, you'll find that the director fell behind somewhere, and wound up hitting all the marks a full camera shot behind. So when you heard Grover, for instance, sing his lines you were seeing someone else just dancing in shot, then for the next line of the song you'd see Grover in his window dancing while you heard someone else singing. I don't know how they got behind, but watch it again and I think you'll see that there's a pattern to their disarray, lol.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
then it must have been when it froze on oscar that could be the only thing i could think of. I would have loved to seen the Grouch to bad he had to mess up almost the whole shot.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw Big Bird, Elmo, Hoots, Zoe, Ernie, Bert, Abby, Murray, Count, Cookie Monster, Prairie, Grundgetta, Telly, Baby Bear, Grover, Barkley, and Alice there.

Snuffy has been outside of the studio more than just in Follow That Bird. He was out of the studio in the hawiai episodes, Don't Eat the Pictures, and Julie on Sesame Street. But I think it would be too difficult for anybody to perform Snuffy for however long the parade is without taking many breaks. The costume must be heavy, and two performers have to be inside of it, so it would probably be more painful than being inside of Big Bird, Barkley, or Alice for three straight hours.

BEAR

Reaction score
I saw Big Bird, Elmo, Hoots, Zoe, Ernie, Bert, Abby, Murray, Count, Cookie Monster, Prairie, Grundgetta, Telly, Baby Bear, Grover, Barkley, and Alice there.

Snuffy has been outside of the studio more than just in Follow That Bird. He was out of the studio in the hawiai episodes, Don't Eat the Pictures, and Julie on Sesame Street. But I think it would be too difficult for anybody to perform Snuffy for however long the parade is without taking many breaks. The costume must be heavy, and two performers have to be inside of it, so it would probably be more painful than being inside of Big Bird, Barkley, or Alice for three straight hours.
I don't recall Grungetta there?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Glad you liked it! I saw it and had to have it, but didn't want to buy the whole paper for that. I mean, it's a New York paper, and I'm in Memphis--I don't understand why they have it here in Memphis.

But, was thankful that day to see the picture.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Glad you liked it! I saw it and had to have it, but didn't want to buy the whole paper for that. I mean, it's a New York paper, and I'm in Memphis--I don't understand why they have it here in Memphis.

But, was thankful that day to see the picture.
That's a great photo. Unfortunate about the "Meth Foot-Hold" headline next to the image. Maybe Kermit's big froggy feet can kick that foothold right out of the city! :smile:

Thanks for being freaky and snapping that picture. The world could use more of us freakies! :crazy: :wink: