ALF Joins Fox News - "The O'Reilly Factor"

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
I can't believe how many liberal puppeteers are on here.
Let's discuss the bias of one tv station, or how about the liberal bias of the vast majority of the major media? Funny stuff.

Oh, and Alf rules.

Luke

Reaction score
Very interesting. I could see Jim being a little upset about it. But I agree with Bernie - he's an agent, that's what they do. :wink:
Yea Jim wasn't pleased with ALF (i gather Henson had turned it down, so you can see why) but it wasn't a bitter thing. Jim did a joke about ALF & Miss Piggy at Bernie Brillstein's Hollywood roast. Also he met with Fusco at a poker night just before his death.

MGov

Reaction score
I think what Henson was more bothered by was that Brillstein was a producer on and put money into ALF but didn't do the same with the Muppets. Of course, Brillstein was just a manager until the late seventies and by then, the Muppets were already a big hit.

As for the "liberal bias of the vast majority of the major media", that's kind of like UFO's: People talk about it, but nobody seems able to prove it actually exists.

spcglider

Reaction score
Just adding a new knot to the thread that doesn't refer to FAKE News Channel, er, I mean, FOX News Channel.
I think what you're looking for is the "FAUX News Channel".

-Gordon

spcglider

Reaction score
I can't believe how many liberal puppeteers are on here.
Let's discuss the bias of one tv station, or how about the liberal bias of the vast majority of the major media? Funny stuff.

Oh, and Alf rules.
Goes without saying... I couldn't disagree with you more. Can you please tell me the names of the liberal tycoons who own all those liberal media outlets in the United States?

In deference to our good friends here on the board, please do so in PM.

-Gordon

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Goes without saying... I couldn't disagree with you more. Can you please tell me the names of the liberal tycoons who own all those liberal media outlets in the United States?

In deference to our good friends here on the board, please do so in PM.

-Gordon
Um, General Electric, Microsoft, Rupert Murdoch, Time Warner, Viacom, Disney...oh, you're asking for liberal companies that own television and cable news outlets. I just gave you a list of corporate interests focused on turning profits and holding on to every dime they can. My bad. Don’t I feel foolish? :wink:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that, Fozzie! It's so annoying how every 10 seconds they would show a clip. It wasn't an interview, it was someone being nostalgic more than anything. And Bill O'Reilly was trying to grill him about what he's been doing for 17 years like there was some big important truth behind it. It just made Bill look bad. Alf looked and sounded good but the interview came across as really awful. He needs someone else to interview him that will give him the chance to shine.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Back to alf talk, when the topic of ALF came up atthe shop , back in the day, what i heard was this little bit of info recalled from a conversation with Jim

Random Workshop Employee-"Jim, people think that we made ALF, arnt you worried about that?

Jim-"Hmmmm, no , i guess thats a good thing really"

just some food for thought, i dont really think he was concerned with Alf as competion, more as a a periferal characyer that helped the acseptince of puppetry in general, he was after all interested in inovation, and how puppetry could be used in different settings.

He did after all try to do a sitcom centered on a puppeteers life (PUPPET MAN) witrh soem great puppets that were pretty much background to thehuman element