Master Replicas Muppets 2008

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I already posted this in the "Future Muppet Replicas Wishlist" topic, but thought it could also use its own topic as well.

The new Master Replicas newsletter is out with the list of products for 2008. For the Muppets, they say:

• Set of 5 "Muppets Moments" Figurines -- feat. The Electric Mayhem Band
• Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet

I don't know if it was just an oversight, but note the absence of the Gonzo, Piggy and Rizzo Photo Puppets.

I also don't know what the "figurines" are, but I guess we'll just have to wait to find out.

:stick_out_tongue:

MWoO

Reaction score
interesting. Figurines? I'd assume they aren't like action figures and more like thos Disney things they do which could be very cool if they go all out on the realism. Would be nice to have a high end collectible with he whole Electric Mayhem, except lips and Clifford that is.

I think the absence of Gonzo on that list could be because he was already officially announced and is up for pre-order. I do not think Fozzie was officially announced in a news letter yet and I know he is not up for pre-order.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, wow! This is probably why the accessory packs were cut. I like it. A great idea here.

I know that Palisades kind of tried to do such "Muppet Moments" with the PVCs. They are beautiful sculptures but didn't quite reach that goal. Sideshow reported the moments concept in a newsletter years passed, but that fizzled. The absence of Floyd in the bust line up demonstrated a lack of understanding the Muppet fan. The quality of those was fantastic (except for the terrible Pac-Man Fozzie bust). :embarrassed:

So, back to this current incarnation. It is a way for the company to test the waters on a character's popularity before deciding on a photo puppet replica. It can also substitute for one, I suppose. I still want a Scooter! :wink:

It does concern me that only Fozzie is mentioned in the line-up. Maybe they have heard the running Gonzo commentary from fans and bumped him again? I still would like to have him. Not wild about a Rizzo, but I'd get him too. I'm certain they'll make Piggy, but beyond that...?

Do you know if these moments are individual characters or 5 different groupings? Still so very excited! :eek:

King Prawn

Reaction score
These sound cool, Since Master Replica released Kermit and I knew the quality we could expect from them, I've really been hoping they'd do Electric Mayhem Replicas but I doubted they get to them, so I'm really pleased about these. Like Frogboy I'm also wondering if they'll come in one set piece or 5 diffrent figurines, I'm hoping all in one but I think we'll get Animal with his drums as one set and so on, each member with his (or her) instruments.

I'm really excited about these, now I'm hoping they make more than just the Electric Mayhem in 2008. I'd love a Figurine of Rowlf playing a piano with Miss Piggy and maybe Kermit lying ontop.

As for them not mentioning the Rizzo & Miss Piggy replicas I'm hoping it's because their holding out on giving it all away at once. If they mentioned Piggy & Rizzo then they'd be giving away all four Replicas for 2008, since we already know about Gonzo & Fozzie. The only reason we know about Piggy was because we were told by Terry, so technically Master Replicas has not really announced that yet officially and they probably know we know but have decided to hold off officially announcing it. Who know's maybe the reason they havn't mentioned Rizzo might be becuase their considering bumping him for Scooter. As much as I like the rat, I'd much rather get a Scooter replica first and then maybe Rizzo, though I'd want Pepe before him too.

I hope there more to come, I'm very excited about these but I doubt very much they'll be more than 5 figurines in a year but I have no idea what's going on at Master Replicas so who knows.

I'd love for the line up this year to turn out to be Gonzo, Fozzie, Piggy & Scooter.

:wink:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
It also says in the newsletter this:

The wait is finally over! We are revealing the first glimpse of our exciting line-up for 2008! The list below is just a small sampling of the exciting products that will be headed your way next year. There will be many more exciting replicas announced throughout 2008.

They haven't announced everything as of yet. Thy still got other licenses that they have not meantioned yet. I remember when they announced last years products for MR and a lot of it was not meantioned in the beginning of the year. We found out other items later on throughout as the year went on. There is still hope, we just got to wait and see. Like I said in another post. Amy said last Friday in trivia that these are only some of the items that are coming out for next year. And that there is more to come.

Oh YES! here is my Christmas card for you all. I did this card with my Muppet posers. Merry Christmas to you all!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/tsmert/KermitandAnimalChristmasphoto.jpg

muppetperson

Reaction score
Gonzo is still listed on MR muppets section.(Spring release).Somehow I cant see MR releasing action figures, so I am thinking that the Electric Mayhem will be a group statuette in a memorable scene set-up like the Disney statuettes.But I could be wrong.I was wrong once before, back in 1984 LOL!

Luke

Reaction score
I'm glad Fozzie is still on the cards. I think they probably announced only him because these are slow sellers so they'll probably keep it at two a year. Probably Piggy/Rizzo for 2009 if they get that far.

muppetguy

Reaction score
I agree...

With frogboy4, I am also certain they will make Miss Piggy. They have to...she's always with Kermit and has been a staple in the muppets from the very beginning. I'm just waiting for Gonzo, Fozzie and my favorite, Miss Piggy. After that, I will be ok with whomever they make. They, to me, including animal and kermit, are the staple muppets. :mad:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
By the way, the other non-Muppet news in that newsletter is that anyone that bought an MR Membership for 2007 will get a free membership for 2008!

:stick_out_tongue:

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
MuppetCaper how did you get Animals eyebrows like that. i have trouble fluffing his eyebrows.