Master Replicas Muppets 2008

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
MuppetCaper how did you get Animals eyebrows like that. i have trouble fluffing his eyebrows.

I just kept working with them till I got it right. I really didn't do much other than getting there pose right and adding the clothing. Lighting was a big problem though. Just keep working with his eyebrows and you will get it to the way you like it. :halo:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I am getting a feeling that we wont see anymore photo puppets beyond 2008, unless there are delays, but I think it could end with Fozzie, or possably Miss Piggy, which may go into 2009, but by the way Terry wasnt sure on Rizzo, and slow sales, things dont look promising.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am getting a feeling that we wont see anymore photo puppets beyond 2008, unless there are delays, but I think it could end with Fozzie, or possably Miss Piggy, which may go into 2009, but by the way Terry wasnt sure on Rizzo, and slow sales, things dont look promising.
Maybe Rizzo's not the way to go. It appears he was green-lit because of his size in relation to the other replicas. That's not the best reason to have him made. If they want sales, Beaker would do amazingly well. I also think Pepe would fare better than Rizzo, but not by much. Rowlf would be a big fan fave and Fozzie sales will indicate popularity for his size and style replica. But I still think Scooter would be the most fun way to go.

If Gonzo proves to be good I can see the line continuing.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Did anyone hear about the sale being slow or bad on these replicas? I haven't heard anything from anyone that works for MR that said they are doing bad on these.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Did anyone hear about the sale being slow or bad on these replicas? I haven't heard anything from anyone that works for MR that said they are doing bad on these.
I have heard that it took a year from release to sell through the Kermit stock. That is at least a little slow even in the specialty market. Nobody said these were doing poorly. I do, however, think they could and should be doing much better. It's a great product. Love my Animal.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh, has your Animal arrived?

I'm excited about Fozzie Bear, but he could end up being more expencive as he is...huge!

Luke

Reaction score
I hope they do make the Muppet Moments figures, that sounds like they want to do for figures what McFlarlane did after Playmates Simpsons and do figure type diorama things that made a scene when displayed together. I like that, and it could be hugely succesful for them - way more than any $300 replicas as the market should be bigger and it seems Disney are doing things (slowly) with the Mupps so that might give them some exposure.

That said, i'd had the feeling for a while that Master Replicas as a company seems to be winding down or at least being integrated way more into Corgi. Corgi bought MR probably because they were so succesful with Star Wars but surely they needed another major license to keep them busy once it was decided not to renew Star Wars. Somethings not right there, all the licenses they now have are just continuations of older ones while they have time left to run and they are starting to take on prop making for the industry. If Corgi wanted to keep them existing as they are they would have renewed Star Wars, so it kinda makes sense to me that if this is the case its probably the reason why they aren't committing long term to these replicas or doing very much to promote them at all. It doesn't really make sense that their entire focus right now as a company is to sell through all the Star Wars stuff, rather than put the focus on future licenses they do still own.

Fozzie6

Reaction score
but by the way Terry wasnt sure on Rizzo, and slow sales, things dont look promising.

I've been trying to help Master Replicas out by posting pics of these on other toy sites to try to get them to sell well. For the most part everybody really liked them, but they were turned off by the price tag.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
That said, i'd had the feeling for a while that Master Replicas as a company seems to be winding down or at least being integrated way more into Corgi. Corgi bought MR probably because they were so succesful with Star Wars but surely they needed another major license to keep them busy once it was decided not to renew Star Wars. Somethings not right there, all the licenses they now have are just continuations of older ones while they have time left to run and they are starting to take on prop making for the industry. If Corgi wanted to keep them existing as they are they would have renewed Star Wars, so it kinda makes sense to me that if this is the case its probably the reason why they aren't committing long term to these replicas or doing very much to promote them at all. It doesn't really make sense that their entire focus right now as a company is to sell through all the Star Wars stuff, rather than put the focus on future licenses they do still own.
I agree, it also seems odd that MR aren't charging for the Collectors Society next year. This would mean that, should MR fold, they would have no obligation or commitments to honour as they haven't taking any money. It really does (to suspicious fools like me) seem that MR are on the brink of a major change - which could inevitably have a HUGE impact on the Muppet line. I wish someone would tell us the opposite and stop any unnecessary anxiety and further speculation. Guess we'll just have to wait and see I suppose - although I smell something fishy.:zany:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I agree, it also seems odd that MR aren't charging for the Collectors Society next year. This would mean that, should MR fold, they would have no obligation or commitments to honour as they haven't taking any money. It really does (to suspicious fools like me) seem that MR are on the brink of a major change - which could inevitably have a HUGE impact on the Muppet line. I wish someone would tell us the opposite and stop any unnecessary anxiety and further speculation. Guess we'll just have to wait and see I suppose - although I smell something fishy.:zany:
There does seem to be a lot of price reductions and sold out items going on.