Master Replicas Muppets 2008

muppetperson

Reaction score
Did anyone hear about the sale being slow or bad on these replicas? I haven't heard anything from anyone that works for MR that said they are doing bad on these.
As frogboy4 said, it took over a year for Kermit to sell out.Plus there are now quite a few people who are pondering if they are going to buy Gonzo.Dont know how the sales are going with Animal, but there are a thousand less, but he has turned a few off with his problems(wild "hair",eyeshell visable, not being able to close mouth and having to pin eyes to keep them wide open).Fozzie seems to be popular, but will it be enough to keep the line going?

Bear Man

Reaction score
There does seem to be a lot of price reductions and sold out items going on.
Without looking at the sold-out and price reduction items, it is worthwhile noting that their Star Wars license expired at the end of last year, so they needed to clear that inventory. Also I'm not sure that the Collector's Society being free is a major issue. After all, if I remember correctly, Palisades were selling their membership right up til the end.

It is important to note though that Kermit did take a comparitively long time to sell out (of Master Replicas' site - as the ads at the top of the forum show he is still readily available from other sellers) and while there are many problems with using this board as representative of the greater purchasing public, the mood on here seems to be hesitation over Animal (both for his problems and high price) and great uncertainty over Gonzo. I think Fozzie, if they keep to his originally suggested price (was it $350? $400? I can't remember) would be enough to keep the line going (provided the production item resembles the proto fairly closely), I just don't know if Gonzo and Animal will perform well enough to get to Fozzie.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Agreed. I think that if we can get to Fozzie, he should sell quite well (if he remains the quality of Terry's prototype). But the question is if Animal and Gonzo's sales will allow us to get there. As soon as we see the pics of the final Gonzo, we should know almost immediately what the fate of the line will be. My hope is that (if he isn't very good) they will have moved too far on Fozzie to turn back.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Agreed. I think that if we can get to Fozzie, he should sell quite well (if he remains the quality of Terry's prototype). But the question is if Animal and Gonzo's sales will allow us to get there. As soon as we see the pics of the final Gonzo, we should know almost immediately what the fate of the line will be. My hope is that (if he isn't very good) they will have moved too far on Fozzie to turn back.
I think that since Piggy hasn't even been commisioned yet, but we were told she was coming a month or two back, they have slowed the pace on the line. The unofficial Fozzies that pop up on eBay from time to time are actually looking much better (and much less Photoshopped!) than they used to, so I suppose that would be a last resort option (I know they are copyright infringement, we don't need to get into this discussion again).

muppetperson

Reaction score
It is a fair bet to say that Fozzie is safe and will be released as they have now officially announced him and put lots of money into his prototype.Miss Piggy on the other hand is still up in the air, depending on sales.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Without looking at the sold-out and price reduction items, it is worthwhile noting that their Star Wars license expired at the end of last year, so they needed to clear that inventory. Also I'm not sure that the Collector's Society being free is a major issue. After all, if I remember correctly, Palisades were selling their membership right up til the end.

It is important to note though that Kermit did take a comparitively long time to sell out (of Master Replicas' site - as the ads at the top of the forum show he is still readily available from other sellers) and while there are many problems with using this board as representative of the greater purchasing public, the mood on here seems to be hesitation over Animal (both for his problems and high price) and great uncertainty over Gonzo. I think Fozzie, if they keep to his originally suggested price (was it $350? $400? I can't remember) would be enough to keep the line going (provided the production item resembles the proto fairly closely), I just don't know if Gonzo and Animal will perform well enough to get to Fozzie.
The Sold Outs and price reductions are in all areas.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The thing with the inventory of product is how long the company is willing or able to sit on stock until it moves. This product is fantastic. I'm floored that Kermit didn't just hop out the door in a matter of months. I believe MR should rethink the marketing strategy on these.

It wouldn't require more money, just a better effort at informing the fans and public on these (maybe some factory insider info listed in the Muppets ordering section of their site). Definitely some better images of these posers are required. I know many Muppet fans live in the Bay Area where MR has offices. I do. Heck, I'd ride a bus to take some shots. He he. They definitely need to swap out the Animal ones they currently have. I'll send them one if need be! Orders should increase after that.

I know the price point is the very thing that sours most consumers - fans and non fans alike! I don't think there's much they can do about that. It definitely is the elephant in the room...stop it Seymour, okay! :rolleyes:

I still don't think Rizzo's the way to go after Piggy. I could be wrong about that. Maybe we should take a new poll. Should someone start a new thread or do it here?

From this list, who would you pay $200-400 for after Miss Piggy:

• Rizzo the Rat

• Scooter

• Pepe the Prawn

• Rowlf the Dog

• Beaker

• Robin the Frog

These seem the most likely.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
If they could get Rizzo out there for $150-$200 I would say a lower priced Muppet would be the way to go at that point (and that could be Rizzo or Pepe – I'd rather have Pepe I think).

I would like to see them try to get a Mayhem set started and go with Dr. Teeth or Zoot after Piggy.