Master Replicas Muppets 2008

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, Piggy would have to be accurate. And there are SO many faces of Piggy...yet they all look somehow, Piggy. So in theory as long as they have the hair right, and the Piggy-spirit she would work ok. I just don't know what they'd make her from?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
In terms of the ones easiest for them to make accurate, Scooter, Rowlf, Bunsen and Beaker are the simplest shapes with just a few features added on. Heck, Bunsen doesn't even have eyes, just glasses. And Scooter's eyes are part of his glasses. But with all four of these, you don't run into the carved foam problem of Gonzo.

Chef is a foam puppet and much more complicated shape. I think he would cause all kinds of problems. Also, the puppet Chef's hands are real hands, not even gloved hands, so what do you do for hands on a poser?

Finally, if they have a mold for Piggy's head, she can be made out of almost anything, as long as they can flock it... and figure out how to flock it so the flocking doesn't flake off. Her texture is totally based on the flock look, so the material her head is made from isn't as important.

Personally, I would vote for Rowlf next, then Scooter.

:stick_out_tongue:

Telly

Reaction score
Also, the puppet Chef's hands are real hands, not even gloved hands, so what do you do for hands on a poser?
Cut off hands from people?
Kidding. I like how Palisades did the Chef's hands. Just made them have the same texture as his face. It doesn't look out of place.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Cut off hands from people?
Kidding. I like how Palisades did the Chef's hands. Just made them have the same texture as his face. It doesn't look out of place.
I have an image of what must be the poser Swedish Chef and he has puppet hands. Either that or the person whose hand they belong to must be retaining ALOT of water!

Also, you wouldn't have to resort to cutting off hands Telly, you silly fool! You could just go down to the second hand shop, geddit? The second hand shop! oooohh my sides, ouch!

Bear Man

Reaction score
Finally, if they have a mold for Piggy's head, she can be made out of almost anything, as long as they can flock it... and figure out how to flock it so the flocking doesn't flake off. Her texture is totally based on the flock look, so the material her head is made from isn't as important.

Personally, I would vote for Rowlf next, then Scooter.

Yes and no...I agree that a flocked head that had been pulled from a mold would actually be a fairly easy item, but the real difficulty would be in not just making sure the flock stays on (which would be a big problem though) but also what material to make the head in that would be long lasting yet allow for some posing. Foam latex degrades fairly quickly, and is fairly easy to tear. If Piggy does come along, I was wondering if they could use a flocked vinyl with a wire armature in its snout? Although every time you posed the Pig you'd run the risk of the flocking rubbing off...I'm beginning to ramble...

Luke

Reaction score
Chef is a foam puppet and much more complicated shape. I think he would cause all kinds of problems.
I stand corrected on the Chef, he doesn't look that complicated to the innocent bystander, lol. I would have never had Scooter down for an easy one either. Seems to me it'd make a lot of sense to do a Beaker as he's easy to do, popular, and you could pose him in all kinds of hazardous situations ... and hopefully for a Kermit price point!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I think after Piggy Scooter , beaker and Bunsen would be great to see. Or Rowlf, the EM , Sam the Eagle , Lew Zealand , Chef.....hey isnt that the whole crew!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Chef is a foam puppet and much more complicated shape. I think he would cause all kinds of problems. Also, the puppet Chef's hands are real hands, not even gloved hands, so what do you do for hands on a poser?

The official Swedish chef photo puppet uses realistic puppet hands.Have a closer look at the photos on the Palisades Chef Kitchen box.I would like to see Statler and Waldorf getting made.