More Play With Me Sesame DVD's in March

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems that the Play With Me Sesame DVDs cut out title cards from all sketches that have on-screen titles. All of Guy Smiley's game shows have their title logos cut on Let's Play Games, and Playtime with Grover cuts out the Super Grover logo when a Super Grover sketch is shown.

Of course, I don't remember seeing Name That Sound with Mr. Honker or What's My Job? before, so I am just assuming that those sketches had title cards.

I think the lack of title logos might be because these releases were originally released in other countries. I think Austrailia is on e of them (I don't know what the primary language is there). I've seen a post from somebody at Sesame Workshop who said that the american releases aren't any different from the international releases. I guess voice dubbing would be the exception, unless they were only released in english-language countries. But if that's the case, then it makes sense that the logos wouldn't be shown. Then Sesame Workshop doens't have to worry about whether the on-screen text is in the right languge. It would be easier to replace a title card, but if the title apears over the action, then Sesame Workshop would need pre-edited copies without the title cards (or do what was done in Borat, have an ugly black bar cover the words).

NantoSeiken

Reaction score
I saw an episode of Play With Me Sesame on Noggin in 2005 that featured a rare segment from 1970, with Cookie Monster reciting a poem with Howie the rabbit. Does anyone know if this segment is on any of the Play With Me Sesame DVDs?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I saw an episode of Play With Me Sesame on Noggin in 2005 that featured a rare segment from 1970, with Cookie Monster reciting a poem with Howie the rabbit. Does anyone know if this segment is on any of the Play With Me Sesame DVDs?
I would doubt it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I got Let's Play Games from the library and I thought it was a good release. It was a real treat to see not one, but THREE Guy Smiley skits! One of them I've never seen before. Plus there was some stuff I haven't seen in a while (like Ernie and Grover's opposite song). Plus, there were some very nice Ernie and Bert game segments. All in all, I'd recomend this DVD for any classic SS fan.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I got saw "Imagine With Me" and I thought it was pretty good, but not great. Mainly because most of the sketches included had nothing to do with imagining, like the two Big Bird skits (though the listening one had a funny ending) and Zoe's lecture on same and different. Plus, I think some of the skts were altered. Elmo's Imagination song doesn't have any voices from the other Elmos, just the one Elmo. And The skit where Ernie uses a banana as a phone has Bert's closing line ("No I don't think we should meet.") muted as the ending music plays over it. All in all, there still some other good segments plus I think the segment with Zoe and Elmo hans't aired on the main show (it looks like it's from 2002 and it has an old 70's ending music).

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
No, it isen't. I have all the Play With Me Sesame DVDs that came out in the US so far. It is nice to know what John Tartagila's Ernie sounds like.