Your Thoughts: Elmo’s Christmas Countdown

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Elmo's Christmas Countdown awesome! The end the muppets sings with Santa Clause for a rock n roll ending!

NantoSeiken

Reaction score
Bert's laugh

Somehow it didn't seem fair to me when Bert criticized Steve Schirripa for not doing the "Bert laugh" properly. Eric Jacobson's "Bert laugh" doesn't sound right either! :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As for those of you who were complaining about "Listen to what Alicia says," allow me to add my two cents. Elmo ALWAYS uses names instead of pronouns. And forgive my ignorance if I'm mistaken, but it's my understanding that the king in the song who is addressing the people everywhere is just spreading the news that there's a very important baby who will bring goodness and light, and is not, himself, necessarily a religious figure. It's not as if "Listen to what Alicia says" is claiming that Alicia is Jesus, just that she's a king, which isn't even logical, seeing as she's female, not male, so it's really just three-year-old Elmo making a harmless mistake. But as I said, Elmo ALWAYS uses names instead of pronouns, which has something to do with why little Jewish girl over here didn't even notice it. But that's just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to his or her own.
No actually you are right and I misunderstood what was going on in the song. I am definitely willing to admit that and thanks for pointing it out! :smile:

Sort of like when Dan Rather made a mistake because he was so determined to be critical of Bush (and rightly so). I guess I had the same reaction to the special, lol. While the show wasn't perfect, I do agree it was cute and inspirational. And I wouldn't mind if they showed it every year (as long as they showed Christmas Eve on Sesame Street along with it!)

(Unlike Rather, I'm willing to admit when I make a mistake. lol)

SSLFan

Reaction score
Eric Jacobson's "Bert laugh" doesn't sound right either! :wink:
:rolleyes: Here it goes....bashing the muppet performers. Besides everyone's not perfect. And Mr. Jacobson is just trying to fill the shoes of the great Frank Oz. You don't expect his Bert laugh to be EXACTLY like Frank's Bert do you? He's trying his best.:sympathy:

Besides, it sounds pretty good to me.

Davina

Reaction score
I have to admit, the set did kinda grow on me once i figured out what they were doing with it.. (sorry, I had been sick all day and was trying to get caught up on stuff while watching this, so wasn't able to give it 100% attention, some of us don't have the option of dropping everything just to pay attention to a tv program when there are pets and family and dishes to deal with... and i'd seen NO promotion for this show at all until like saturday.. heck i didn't even realize it was ben stiller narating til like half way through..)

it was good, but not as good as it could have been. i did like that they did spread the humour around the age groups, that was nice, too
but they really needed more of the characters to be involved, human or otherwise...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Somehow it didn't seem fair to me when Bert criticized Steve Schirripa for not doing the "Bert laugh" properly. Eric Jacobson's "Bert laugh" doesn't sound right either! :wink:
BERT: Please do not laugh like Ernie Mr. Sirico.
TONY: And why not, Boit?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Wow! "Elmo's Christmas Countdown" was pretty fun! I don't think it was quite as great (and I don't anything ever really will be) as "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" or even "A Special Sesame Street Christmas", but it was pretty good. I like "Elmo Saves Christmas" and "A Sesame Street Christmas Carol" okay too- but they still aren't quite the greatest either.
The celebrities were fun though I will agree I didn't get much out of Jamie Foxx's performance. I was watching Elmo and the Rat King more than listening to him sing though.:wink:
I was actually quite ecstatic that they included "Do You Hear What I Hear?" in with the Christmas songs. Nice to hear an actual Christian Christmas carol in there that talks about the reason for Christmas- the birth of King Jesus who came to die and rise again and thereby save the world from its sins and open the door to Heaven!
(And yes, Elmo still needs to learn pronouns, but oh well.)
I was glad to see the appearance of a lot of characters, even if some of them were non-speaking. At least they got to sing along. Obviously, Elmo and Abby Cadabby were front and center- but I've kinda come to expect that of the current Sesame Street. I'd love to have seen "Big Bird's Christmas Countdown" or even "Grover's Christmas Countdown" or maybe even a less popular character by comparison- like Prairie Dawn or how about even Bert and Ernie? I mean, they're definitely still popular- but it seems like I don't see them leading off many things anymore.
But I'm glad there was some sort of appearance from Elmo, Abby, Big Bird, Snuffy, Grover, Cookie Monster, The Count, Bert, Ernie, Prairie Dawn, Baby Bear and his parents and Telly, Rosita and Zoe. And I think I maybe even saw some Honkers in there and yeah, I noticed Lulu and I think Maurice Monster. And Hoots was in there!
And I was really glad to see Herry Monster in there! Sure, he was just singing in the background, but at least he's still included! I was beginning to wonder if he'd been retired too.
Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I'll be looking for it on DVD next year! Merry Christmas to all and as Tiny Tim observed, 'God bless us, everyone!':smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would have to say that i'll buy it when it comes out on DVD. Why because i enjoyed everybit of it. I enjoyed the set no matter how it looked. I did after a while grow on me. So i really hope to hear about a Christmas CD of all the songs on there.

bunny

Reaction score
hi ya...
The Elmo show was fun! Did the cute snowball have a name? I might have missed it.
thanks...gail

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I think in a legal way tho Fraggle Rock cant call themselves Muppets anymore, Bear and Muppet brand are "officially labelled Muppets", and
Sesame Street has an arrangement to where they can be called "Muppets"

I think I remmber hearing when Henson sold the "Muppets" and "Bear to Disney that they couldnt cut a deal unless Sesame was still alowed to dub there puppets "Muppets" aswell.