Will animated avatars last a while?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd hate to put a lot of time and effort into animated avatars, and then turn out they're no longer allowed again.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd hate to put a lot of time and effort into animated avatars, and then turn out they're no longer allowed again.
I think so. There are still a few around that I've seen and most of them are attractively contructed. I'm a big supporter of them! Old link of my Delphi MC signatures. :wink:

It's part of what helped me get the gig with the MC revamp years back. (right clicking on that was disabled a long time ago, but if ya figure out the workaround anyone is welcome to reconstruct and use the graphics) :smile:

By the way, really enjoy your new Santa Snowth avatar! :excited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
By the way, really enjoy your new Santa Snowth avatar! :excited:
Thanks, it's just part a new series of Snowth avatars I've designed in Macromedia Fireworks, but then I got thinking about animating them to give them even more character, but I wasn't sure if MC would shortly do away with animated avatars again like the pics in our signatures, so that's why I asked before I went to trouble.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it's just part a new series of Snowth avatars I've designed in Macromedia Fireworks, but then I got thinking about animating them to give them even more character, but I wasn't sure if MC would shortly do away with animated avatars again like the pics in our signatures, so that's why I asked before I went to trouble.
Macromedia products are great. They created Flash (and then Adobe bought them out) which I use all the time! Looking forward to your new stuff! I remember making a gif for member RadioNate. Lost touch with him, but the avatar had the newsman with screens around him. Cool stuff. Probably the last animated avatar I created.

Luke

Reaction score
I didn't even know we could use animated stuff. lol

I'd really like to see a flash chatroom become part of the forum. Flashchat integrates with Vbulletin nicely so we can see if anyones in the room and its customizable for Muppety graphics (Jamie, lol). If bandwidth is an issue it can be set so it only opens at certain times too. Really miss that from the old days.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Macromedia products are great. They created Flash (and then Adobe bought them out) which I use all the time! Looking forward to your new stuff! I remember making a gif for member RadioNate. Lost touch with him, but the avatar had the newsman with screens around him. Cool stuff. Probably the last animated avatar I created.
Ah yes, I took a couple of courses in Macromedia Flash, and have even done three very short little Ed, Edd n Eddy-themed cartoons for class projects, and then I was working on my first original animated film a couple of years ago, but I shelved it when I decided to "retire" from cartoons.

Luke

Reaction score
Ah yes, I took a couple of courses in Macromedia Flash, and have even done three very short little Ed, Edd n Eddy-themed cartoons
I'm a massive fan of EE n E. Any chance of seeing these?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm a massive fan of EE n E. Any chance of seeing these?
I'm afraid not... the original, master files were wiped out when my old laptop was fried, and it didn't have a CD drive on it, and I couldn't fit them on a floppy, so they're long gone. I WILL tell you one thing though...

1. The first one I simply had Ed standing in front of a microphone, and I animated him saying "gravy", as if he's TRYING to do a stand-up routine, meanwhile Eddy (in the background) is moaning and groaning.

2. I took some dialogue from various episodes and made a short about them sitting on the sidewalk, frying in the hot sun (and Ed swallowing a whole melon).

3. Finally, I had Eddy ruin one of Double D's chemistry projects, which looks like gravy to Ed, and when he drinks it, there's a big explosiong, and his head has been turned into a photo-realistic fish head.