Opening sequence mysteries

Drtooth

Reaction score
I always thought it seemed rude that Gobo would leave for the garden so soon after all the other Fraggles greeted him so heartily.
Well, of course he had to rush off. He only had 1 minute to run around the rock and back for the theme song.

superboober

Reaction score
I also find it rather amusing how everyone stares at Gobo for about 3 seconds after he splashes down, then immediately look back to the camera to continue the theme, as if that sort of thing has happened lots of times before.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I also find it rather amusing how everyone stares at Gobo for about 3 seconds after he splashes down, then immediately look back to the camera to continue the theme, as if that sort of thing has happened lots of times before.
Of course...it happened every episode!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
On the UK version, Gobo's "Woweeee" was cut short to make it fit the puppeteering. I never understood why the US version wasn't.
Because the US/Canadian version was the original, flaws and all. Yes, the overseas versions--in the UK, France, Germany, et al--were done cocurrently with the airings of the original, but still, the original of something often bears more flaws than most dubs or most sequels (despite the fact that a lot of dubs and sequels don't measure up to the original, with the toon series of this show being a great example).

RedPiggy

Reaction score
interesting how the entire Rock seems to be waiting for Gobo to return from wherever he was before the camera caught up with him; do you suppose it was a special postcard that he asked to read to them?
Maybe it was like that ep where the pipe-bangers try to fill the pool. Maybe Doc is working on something for the pipes, FR sent Gobo to check things out ... then he goes out to the garden (where Pa is trying to see if the well works), where he gets caught and falls into the refilled pool.

Just a guess.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Maybe it was like that ep where the pipe-bangers try to fill the pool. Maybe Doc is working on something for the pipes, FR sent Gobo to check things out ... then he goes out to the garden (where Pa is trying to see if the well works), where he gets caught and falls into the refilled pool.

Just a guess.
Interesting theory.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't think theme songs need to make sense..Although, it was funny finding out where the words to the song came from:smile:. I can't believe FR got away with using a time traveling plot , it was very classic *lol*:excited: :coy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I can't believe FR got away with using a time traveling plot , it was very classic *lol*
And yet, there was no mention of time travel within the series at all.

Redsonga

Reaction score
And yet, there was no mention of time travel within the series at all.
But they did go back in time somehow in "Mokey, Then and Now":smile:
And Mokey was the one that came up with the lyrics :3