2008 Menu Descriptions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice touch honoring Fran. But erm... "his signature character Zoe"? You might want to correct that.

And thanks for all the wonderful work you've done on these MC menus.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nice touch honoring Fran. But erm... "his signature character Zoe"? You might want to correct that.

And thanks for all the wonderful work you've done on these MC menus.
Thanks for pointing that out. A bit of pronoun trouble. :embarrassed: It has been corrected.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:batty: Muppet Central Halloween Menu :scary:

An orange logo proclaiming "Happy Halloween" stretches out on to the screen. Franken-Kermit with purple hair is on the right of it, raven-haired Witch Piggy with a pointy black hat on the left. A spider (very much like one of the Muppet Christmas Carol vagrants that raid's Scrooge's belongings) randomly crawls across the screen.

There are glowing disembodied eyes blinking in the shadows. Upon a flashlight-looking rollover the subtle shapes behind the eyes fade into view. Upon roll-out they disappear again only leaving blinking glowing eyes behind. From left to right, these monsters are: Behemoth (the toothy orange sack-shaped monster), Mulch, Gloat the Green Frackle, Luncheon Counter Monster, Uncle Deadly and Sweetums.

The characters are in front of a gated pumpkin patch (instead of a cemetery due to Phillip's specifications) with a Scarecrow Scooter, bare and crooked trees, a road leading to a mansion, full moon, clouds, night sky and cobwebs - of course.

This was actually the first seasonal menu created for Muppet Central. It is also one I have felt needs to be remade, but that source file is still locked away in my old hard drive and there are time issues as well. Someday.
:coy:
Happy Halloween!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... But why ruin a masterpiece? Add elements to it, certainly... But this should hold a special place, especially with that Moolan Scrooge Scooter turned into the scarecrow in the background. Yes, I've been paying attention to these vonderful descripts. Trust me, I spook of wisdom, it can be troubling when even you doubt your own creative artwork. Hope this scares you into a frighter state of mind. Thanks for everything Jamie.

*Skulks back to the old drawing slate followed by an eager assistant.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Loved it everytime it's up Jamie. Your the best in these menus. Love everyone of them. Hope to see some new ones soon but knowing it takes time. I can wait forever. *dances around to the Monster Mash*

Edit: Jamie i've been wanting to asking you something. Have you ever thought of putting the Monster Mash or anytype of music with your menus or is it to much trouble?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Loved it everytime it's up Jamie. Your the best in these menus. Love everyone of them. Hope to see some new ones soon but knowing it takes time. I can wait forever. *dances around to the Monster Mash*

Edit: Jamie i've been wanting to asking you something. Have you ever thought of putting the Monster Mash or anytype of music with your menus or is it to much trouble?
I'm glad you like these menus. To answer your question, I have thought about sound. One issue is loading speed. When the Muppet Central revamp occurred many of our users had slower connections and some even had trouble with the Flash plug in. The option of sound seemed unreasonable back then. Also, some people surf at work and other places where sound elements would be frowned upon. There are ways around that in creating a button. When I get around to menu making (it could be years at this rate) sound will definitely be revisited. I'd like to experiment with it. It would be nice to have a little Christmas music to accompany the holiday menus. I'll keep you posted. It will be far in the future.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm glad you like these menus. To answer your question, I have thought about sound. One issue is loading speed. When the Muppet Central revamp occurred many of our users had slower connections and some even had trouble with the Flash plug in. The option of sound seemed unreasonable back then. Also, some people surf at work and other places where sound elements would be frowned upon. There are ways around that in creating a button. When I get around to menu making (it could be years at this rate) sound will definitely be revisited. I'd like to experiment with it. It would be nice to have a little Christmas music to accompany the holiday menus. I'll keep you posted. It will be far in the future.
Thanks Jamie. :concern:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:search: Joan Ganz Cooney Celebration Menu :wisdom:

In this menu the site's red arches drop in as usual. A banner that reads "Celebrating Joan Ganz Cooney" appears above the usual Muppet Central logo. Twinkling glitter sparkles briefly while Sesame Street characters pop up into the arches along with Joan Ganz Cooney herself to the right of the logo with the Count to the left of it. On the Count’s side (left to right) Big Bird, Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch appear. On Ms. Cooney's side (left to right) Ernie, Bert and Grover appear.

Thank you Joan Ganz Cooney for helping give kids all over the world a head start in their education in a fun, accepting and entertaining environment.
:super:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Brian Henson Celebration Menu
:zany:

In this menu the site's red arches drop in as usual. A banner that reads "Celebrating Brian Henson" appears above the usual Muppet Central logo. Twinkling glitter sparkles briefly while Brian's characters pop up into the arches along with Brian Henson himself to the right of the logo while his beloved Labyrinth character Hoggle is to the left. On Hoggle's side (left to right) the Storyteller Dog, Cruiser (the taxi driver from The Christmas Toy) and Dr. Phillip Van Neuter (from Muppets Tonight) appear. On Brian's side (left to right) Sal Minella (from Muppets Tonight), a goblin (Brian performed in Labyrinth) and Seymour the Elephant (from Muppets Tonight) appear.

:wink: Thank you Brian Henson for all you do and bring back Seymour if you can. I miss that elephant. Sal too. :rolleyes:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:attitude: Muppet Central Thanksgiving Menu :hungry:
A 17th century American east coast seaport fades into view along with a golden-lettered Muppet Central title card in the center of the composition. Ernie and Bert are standing together far on the left. They are appropriately clothed for the period from cap to torso. Ma and Emmet Otter are seated in their little green row boat floating in the harbor. To the right of the composition Fozziewig, Statler and Waldorf are standing far off in the distance at the edge of a pier. On the far right Mokey and Boober are paired together in Pilgrim garb.

A cornucopia of blinking Muppet veggies (a tomato, cabbage, cauliflower, scallion etc) rises up over the logo. A Happy Thanksgiving greeting glides in to frame the horn of plenty. Pilgrim Piggy rises to the left of the greeting, Pilgrim Kermit to the right. Of course he’s sporting an iconic buckle on his Pilgrim hat. A modified version of the Hispaniola (of all things) floats in the harbor. It and bobs in the background and follows the curser when scanned across the menu. Gonzo and Sweetums are manning/Muppeting the ship.

On the left side from left to right:
Upon News rollover - Big Bird and Tutter (in his cute little buckle hat) pop up over Bert and Ernie. Upon Collectibles rollover – a time-period-ponytailed Beaker pops up alongside Pilgrim-capped Bunsen. Upon Articles rollover - Sam pops up over the Otters. His finger is raised and pointing up as if to inform us of the importance of the day. He wears a Pilgrim cap and a red striped shirt and the rest of his classic Sam Arrow garb. Upon Forum rollover – Pilgrim-capped Pepe nudges his way in beside Piggy.

On the right side from left to right:
Upon Guides rollover – Pilgrim-capped Robin slides in next to his Uncle Kermit. Upon Radio rollover – The Christmas Turkey from Muppet Family Christmas pops into view (brave turkey). Upon Cards rollover – The Swedish Chef and Camilla pop up. The Chef has a wooden spoon in his hand and is wearing his classic chef’s hat and pink tie over a Pilgrim bib. Upon Help rollover – Pilgrim Gobo and Junior Gorg pop in over Boober and Mokey.

I know that in recent times the holiday of Thanksgiving has been the subject of great historical debate and controversy. That’s kind of why I had no problem patching together so many weird elements in this Muppety composition. This is a time we suffer our families and loved ones because we will cherish the opportunity of time spent together later on. No matter where you come from or what your beliefs I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving for whatever it means to you.

:sing: