Dark Crystal sequel may be headed to DVD

cabbageheat

Reaction score
Soooo, no news on this since April? Wow. This is dead in the water it seems. I think I'm done getting excited about this. Oh well....moving on.

Nick22

Reaction score
so is everything just up in the air? no news?

muppet baby

Reaction score
so is everything just up in the air? no news?
I hope that this is still going to happen even though things seem very slow at the moment it would so great to have a sequl to this great film .

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Wiki on this states:

Allyson Smith, the Henson Company's VP of New Media, responded to a question on Twitter about the project's status on April 16, 2009:

Development [of the Dark Crystal sequel] moves fwd, paying attention to what will serve fans & DC best. No details to announce. Check henson.com for updates.
____

So, it seems like another snag, but they want to move forward. Next month's Comic Con should hold more answers. People will be asking. It's just how many times can they pitch the same project before people grow weary from the spin? I just wanna movie.

muppet baby

Reaction score
The Wiki on this states:

Allyson Smith, the Henson Company's VP of New Media, responded to a question on Twitter about the project's status on April 16, 2009:

Development [of the Dark Crystal sequel] moves fwd, paying attention to what will serve fans & DC best. No details to announce. Check henson.com for updates.
____

So, it seems like another snag, but they want to move forward. Next month's Comic Con should hold more answers. People will be asking. It's just how many times can they pitch the same project before people grow weary from the spin? I just wanna movie.
It is great that they want to movie forourd i sure hope that they do , it seems like from the statment that they are , you know jamie i totally agree with you that they what poeple could think about if they pitch the same project , and it my thoughts not produce anything . sigh , but i will hold out hope that they will come up with a great film , i really can not wait to here more .

I just want good news , aboiut them coming out with a seuel wither it is dircet to video or at the movies and then to DVD and Blu ray .:wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt that this movie is a priority with Henson. It's just like the Fraggle Movie...keeps getting pitched and pushed back. It will happen. I just don't think they're in a hurry. Much of the Jim Henson magic and drive seems missing with the company today. But he was a workaholic. Few people have that sort of gift he did. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
At comic con they said a "couple of years", to follow after the Fraggle movie .. which is on schedule.
The leadership over at Henson seems easily distracted. None of those statements give me confidence that I had before hearing them. In fact, the wording has caused me to lose a bit of faith. :sympathy: