Fraggle Rock Season 4 may not be released separately

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't think that any of us should feel guilty for not being able or wanting to buy the full series set. After all, it is not like we did not get the first three seasons or that all of us complained about the price, I thought they were cheap actually :big_grin:...
Buying it or not should not be seen as an act of loyally :smile:. It is true if this set was all we were to have gotten from the start I would have bought it..But it was not, I'm not giving my sets away, and I have a little thing called food to buy with the money :wink:.
I can agree with you there. I'm not pleased with HiT's choice either. A bit more patience will very likely yield a single set season four. And if sales of the box set are poor, well it will be discounted. We've waited this long already. A bit longer could serve to be the financially wise thing to do.

Still, I have heard complaints going back to the Muppet Show season one set's price when that was released. These cost what they cost and a lot of Muppet stuff has historically been known to come at a premium. If Disney could get each Muppet Show set to us for $19.95 they would.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
If things get so bad that they are not making DVDs anymore I think we will have bigger things to worry about like food and power let alone paying for internet and movies :coy:
It all depends on the studio, their home video division and what their budget is for a particular project.

Again it's not likely, simply possible...

Redsonga

Reaction score
It all depends on the studio, their home video division and what their budget is for a particular project.

Again it's not likely, simply possible...
It still sounds very end of the worldish to me :frown:...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm still taking my "Holding it hostage until closer to the movie's release" approach. They have nothing to lose by releasing it separately, and nothing to gain by holding it back. I still don't know which I'd get, since the single volumes are bound to get cheaper as the full series is released.

Nevuela

Reaction score
Forgive me for not reading this entire thread for details, but isn't there a petition for season four DVD's going around? Because I would sign it in a heartbeat. Or do we have to call or write to HIT personally?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Forgive me for not reading this entire thread for details, but isn't there a petition for season four DVD's going around? Because I would sign it in a heartbeat. Or do we have to call or write to HIT personally?
Not that I know of, everyone has just been writing I think...IMHO online petitions don't work as well as writing anymore:embarrassed:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ I haven't heard of any petitions, either, just a lot of angry ramblings on Amazon, here, and a discussion about it on the Muppet Cast podcast. But those don't really work, anyway, and aren't taken seriously from what I've heard. Anybody can sign their name on a list with little work or thought, but letters and phonecalls probably hold a lot more water.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
HIT has recently stated that it is very important for them to hear, and continue to hear, directly from consumers in regards to this issue. This issue has been, and probably still is, circulating within their company ever since the announcement and the publishing of very unfavorable remarks on the Complete Collection's Amazon.com page.

Another petition doesn't currently exist and, frankly, another one doesn't really seem neccessary at this point.

What HIT needs to hear now are direct and specific opinions about this unfortunate decision. As has been said, the best way to do that is by writing (or typing) a form letter and sending it through the mail. That speaks the most volume.

You can also call them or e-mail them (I would do all three). Here are the methods of contact for HIT Entertainment:

Mail

HIT Entertainment
Attn: Consumer Relations (Fraggle Rock SEASON SETS)
P.O. Box 9000
Allen, Texas 75013

Phone

1-866-405-7625

consumerrelations@hitentertainment.com

TARDIS60

Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up of who to contact, Traveling Matt! And thanks for the advice.

It makes the most sense that if we discuss our concerns with them, they will eventually release season four on its own, given what has happened in the past with Fox's 'M*A*S*H' boxsets and the 'Invader Zim' special box-set release with just the special features for the loyal customers that made it possible for there to be a large box set at all.

But if everything made sense, I wouldn't worry like Boober about this... sigh.

--Kassi