Poll for MR's Next Muppet Replica

Who should be MR's next Muppet replica after Miss Piggy?

• Scooter

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Beaker

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Rowlf the Dog

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Sam the Eagle

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... From what I had heard on the boards, MR would be releasing in the following order:
Gonzo.
Fozzie Bear.
Rizzo the Rat.
Miss Piggy.

So this poll is for who next after the self-proclaimed star of TMS. Hope this explains things a little better.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I had a tough time choosing between Rowlf and Scooter, but chose Rowlf because he was Jim's other most famous character and the second oldest behind Kermit (of the puppets that made it to The Muppet Show).

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Scooter!

Thanks for getting this poll in play!

I had a hard time with the Scooter and Rowlf question too, but ultimately I think Scooter would make the more visually striking piece.

I too think Rizzo should have been included in the poll since he is tentatively slated for that release slot. And for that reason maybe Pepe too because I believe if given the choice between Rizzo and Pepe many people would choose the prawn.

I know adding more and more to the list dilutes the poll and causes weird tangents. However, that would not have changed my vote. Beaker's inclusion was smart (even though few would buy a Bunsen single-packed) and Sam (a visually striking replica, but could have a foot color debacle).

So it's :wink: for me!​

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
After Piggy, I am all game, I don't care which one they make, I will take all of them. It would be really neat if MR would check out this poll and see what there fans want. Maybe if we all try to get there attention that would be awesome.

mrsieve

Reaction score
I hope Scooter is considered, as well as Beaker and Dr. Honeydew. Im not a puppet bulider, but I'd think they would be easy to mass produce (and really hard to mess up).

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Seems to me that Beaker would be more likely than Scooter... :wink: waaaay more recognition. But, then I suppose they are aiming for a target audience who likes scooter... that being said, I wouldn't buy Scooter, but I would definitely Beaker. :eek:

Luke

Reaction score
I would prefer Scooter, but i do tend to think Beaker is the right way for them to go, even before Piggy. With Beaker they would get a very accurate replica from same materials, and have non-hardcore fan recognition too. Scooter is a Muppet fan favorite but won't get as much attention from the Retro fanboys. It depends who's buying i guess ... i know Piggy completes the main 5 but its a risky one to do and not as universally popular.

You could have a lot of fun posing Beaker with dangerous experiements and things, crash test dummy outfits, strapped to gurneys, Hannibal Lectar mask ... you get the idea! Of course Scooter you could have standing in the corner of your room with lycra hotpants and a lampshade on his head .... that'd be um, unusual.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I would prefer Scooter, but i do tend to think Beaker is the right way for them to go, even before Piggy. With Beaker they would get a very accurate replica from same materials, and have non-hardcore fan recognition too. Scooter is a Muppet fan favorite but won't get as much attention from the Retro fanboys. It depends who's buying i guess ... i know Piggy completes the main 5 but its a risky one to do and not as universally popular.

You could have a lot of fun posing Beaker with dangerous experiements and things, crash test dummy outfits, strapped to gurneys, Hannibal Lectar mask ... you get the idea! Of course Scooter you could have standing in the corner of your room with lycra hotpants and a lampshade on his head .... that'd be um, unusual.
If MR makes a Scooter I promise not to dress him in outfits. He he.

I agree about Beaker. I feel bad for Bunsen, but the straight man never gets his due in comedy bits. Beaker, as a product, can easily stand alone, but I'd miss Bunsen.