Poll for MR's Next Muppet Replica

Who should be MR's next Muppet replica after Miss Piggy?

• Scooter

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Beaker

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Rowlf the Dog

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Sam the Eagle

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I voted Scooter, too. I had a tough time choosing between him and Rowlf. My only reason, really, is that I'd like to have a Muppet replica representing the main Muppeteers I've always admired. I already have Kermit. Richard needs some recognition, too.

Like I mentioned in another thread, MR should keep the idea of the "main seven" in mind. The target audience seems to be those who are die-hard Henson fans who experienced the "Muppet Show" era (makes sense for Gonzo to be in his wine colored tux for the replica).

Pepe is popular. Would he sell? Yeah, but he would have more appeal to the younger fans who only know the new movies, shows, etc. Beaker has had more recognition lately, too. During the "Palisades era", Beaker could be seen here and there meeping around many a mall in Hot Topics, Suncoast, Sam Goody, etc. The same can be said for Animal.

Just like fans of the Sesame Street Old School DVDs, there are lots of "old school" Muppet fans who would buy Scooter and Rowlf before Beaker and Pepe. Just something for MR to keep in mind.

I still say (though it's a long shot) I'd love to see either Robin or Floyd get made. Maybe...when they make Rizzo, Robin could be released around the same time and people could order them as a 2-pack somehow. I don't know. Just throwing ideas out there.

The problem is...would either Robin or Floyd sell? Again, there are a LOT of fans of the classic Muppets out there who would be glad to shell out cash for high-quality stuff. Again, think of what Palisades did. People are STILL wanting to increase their collections to this day by obtaining that certain character. Ever since "The Great Zoot and Lips Shortage" began, people are still paying close to the SAME COST of a Muppet Replica for an action figure of Zoot...and Lips! All MR has to do is check out Ebay. It happens all the time!

I also lean towards Floyd and Robin for near future replicas because these two are (besides being Jerry's characters) would compliment either Kermit or Animal. Plus, they both got bumped off the old Sideshow bust line, which stinks!

Scooter (for now) has my main vote, with Rowlf a very, very close second.

Convincing John
The fact that people want these that badly should tell disney that hey these muppets will bing in the $ ya know.
Man am i in a good mood to night oh well im going to go check in on my coleslaw thread
Later

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I would rather have any of the Mayhem, Robin, Pepe, or Rizzo before any of the characters on the list.

I chose Rowlf as my fav of the four. I have purchased all three so far and will buy Fozzie and probably Piggy but I don't think I would buy any of those on that list besides Rowlf.

doc hopper

Reaction score
vote scooter.

I like rowlf alright but he's just such a mass of brown. he'd be like a giant brown pillow - and if you've seen the posers used already, they chunk him up so that there's absolutely no neck - just a big fat chunky brown, overstuffed dog. if MR could stray from the original rowlf poser and loosen his body up, I MIGHT be up for one.

But I gotta say, Scooter would be really nice. Long limbs to pose, a cool satin jacket, denim jeans, sneakers, etc, Scooter's got a lot of great colors, textures and more.

Plus, you'd have Richard Hunt represented with the character he often said he based on himself.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
he better have the muppet show jacket thats all im saying

anytimepally

Reaction score
I voted Rowlf :sympathy:

Beaker would be nice, too, but only with Honeydew :confused: :eek:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I voted for Rowlf although it would probably cost a lot of money.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
You know guys, wouldn't it be nice if we all had this poll at MR? Maybe they would see our interest and know how we feel about these. It is just an idea. Get as many people to get a account then post in the poll with comments. They would actually hear us and how we like the idea to give the next character a chance. What do you think?

King Prawn

Reaction score
I voted for :wink:

The way I see it is that we're the ones buying these replicas, so unlike The Palisades line they don't have to worry about putting out say Lew Zealand and worry that he won't be populr enough to sell out for the simple reason that if somebody's willing to part with us much money as we have for Kermit and Animal then I doubt they have no idea who Lew Zealand is. I think a secondary character like Floyd or Janice will sell just as well as a Kermit or Fozzie because those buying these replicas are Muppet fans not your average "oh look at that Kermit replica, that's cool, I'm going to buy that" Joe. We also know that these are expensive so the price to us is not a factor either, the only thing MR need to do to get these to sell is get them as accurate as possible whilst at the same time trying to keep the price as low as the can too. I don't really see deciding on which character is obscure or well known enough as a problem.

After Piggy I'd really like to see Scooter made, for the same reasons everyone has mentioned, His color scheme, the fact that we'd also be getting our very own mini replica of The Muppet Show jacket and overall Scooter is a beautiful puppet. I also like Rowlf but as doc hopper mentioned a few post before mine is the fact that he's really a giant brown pillow, I'd like to have him because I consider him one of the main Muppets but he doesn't excite me as much as say a Scooter or Dr. Teeth Replica would.

Beaker would also be a great choice, even if we were never to get a Bunsen Replica, Luke listed some great ideas for when you own a Beaker but I actually think that Bunsen is such an easy choice of a charcter to be turned into a replica, it's just a green snowman, put on a lab coat and some glasses and you've got Bunsen. If they ever mananage to get to Beaker I think it would be in there best intrests to follow him up with a Bunsen, easy to make and they could quite easily calculate how many they'd be able to sell using Beaker's sales, they'd probably sell more Beakers but I think it's safe to say that many with Beaker would later purchase Bunsen. I doubt anyone would do a "Johnny Fiama without Sal action figure" to themselves on purpose.

Another set of characters i'd love to see is Mahna Mahna & Snowths, Now I think MR would see these 3 to be to obscure to make into replicas but if you think about it the way I said before, we're the ones buying these, we know who they are and not only that, like Scooter these puppets are beautiful and I do believe more people than we think know who Mahna Mahna is, the song is also a popular one, so how cool would it be to have mahna mahna and two snowths which actually sing Mahna Mahna, Doo Doo Doo Doo. And here's the bright side to this for MR and the downside for us, none of us would purchase mahna mahna and one snowth, so for every mahna mahna they sell, they'll also sell two snwoths (at least to most people I would imagine). Mahna Mahna is a small character and I don't think the Snowth design is that complicated. Maybe I'm dreaming here a bit and thinking they'd be a big sell because I really want them but i'm trying to think of this as realisticly as possible and it makes sense to me. Even if the same number of people who bought Kermit buy these, they'd still make more of a profit plus I really think that adding music if not to the actual replica then to the stand that the replicas come with, I can really see casual non die hard muppet fans picking these three up (or atleast Mahna Mahna & one Snowths) whilst passing on Kermit, Fozzie, Animal etc...

You know your a true Muppet fan when you think of owning a Mahna Mahna Replica and only One Snowth Replica as insane :big_grin:

At first I was thinking Pepe & Rizzo should have been added to the poll but I seem to like the four choices we've been given, the four of them are roughly the same size, so it makes more sense to choose from 4 of the same size, two big character and two smaller ones. Prehaps another poll could be started, this time with the options of who you'd pick between Pepe, Rizzo, Robin and Camilla (four smaller characters).

Talking about future Replicas has got me in the mood to repose my Animal & Kermit Replicas.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I'm not sure who to vote for I guess I'd buy Sam the Eagle or Rowlf before anyone else. But I really want Dr. Teeth or Flloyd!

goodrastus

Reaction score
Well I would like all four and they are all favourites of mine in some way or the other. I think Sam would be the least marketable compared to the others, except for us Muppet fans of course.

I chose Beaker because he is more recognisable today than the others. He tends to be on more merchandise, T-shirts etc than the others and so I think he would probably sell better. Of course, there is also the Bunsen factor - would he sell without him? I'd say yes but would still hope both were made.

And personally, I think Pepe should be on the list - he's a very popular character these days, okay!