Poll for MR's Next Muppet Replica

Who should be MR's next Muppet replica after Miss Piggy?

• Scooter

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Beaker

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Rowlf the Dog

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Sam the Eagle

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Another set of characters i'd love to see is Mahna Mahna & Snowths, Now I think MR would see these 3 to be to obscure to make into replicas but if you think about it the way I said before, we're the ones buying these, we know who they are and not only that, like Scooter these puppets are beautiful.
I know you're just daydreaming here, but I'll play along.

I think the way you worded that last sentence hits the nail on the head... these puppets are beautiful.

The only way I'd want these characters is as puppets, not as posers. I can't see a whole lot of possibilities for poses, unless the idea is to just have them and look at them. But based on all the Kermit and Animal pictures, people get as much pleasure out of posing them than just looking at them.

Besides, I don't think they have a leg to stand on! :wink:

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
They would be nice to have as puppets, but unfortunately, Disney does not like that idea. I guess they got to have some restrictions on what they are allowed to give us. But I can be happy with something close I guess. :wink:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
They would be nice to have as puppets, but unfortunately, Disney does not like that idea. I guess they got to have some restrictions on what they are allowed to give us. But I can be happy with something close I guess. :wink:
I know, but I couldn't see a point in having Mahna Mahna and the Snowths as posers. That was all I was saying.

:stick_out_tongue:

Davina

Reaction score
well, i voted for beaker as i know my hubby would love to have him as a lab assistant :smile:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I am kinda suprised with the results. I expected Scooter would take the lead but I thought Beaker may be a fav with fans.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am kinda suprised with the results. I expected Scooter would take the lead but I thought Beaker may be a fav with fans.
Beaker has many Muppet fan fans, but he's a bigger icon with the non-Muppet fanatic crowd. :eek:

The one problem I can see if Sam were ever made is the foot color. Many people do not like the modern yellow color that he is now branded with. :attitude: I like it though.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Beaker has many Muppet fan fans, but he's a bigger icon with the non-Muppet fanatic crowd. :eek:

The one problem I can see if Sam were ever made is the foot color. Many people do not like the modern yellow color that he is now branded with. :attitude: I like it though.
What was the original foot colour Jamie?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What was the original foot colour Jamie?
In the Muppet Movie Sam's feet are blue. In Muppet Treasure Island they are clearly yellow and have been so every since. There's a history of confusion concerning the color but the licensing model sheets that Henson provided Palisades clearly noted yellow feet. This is how they want him and Disney seems to agree (or not notice).

Technically, I think Sam's feet are blue, but kind of like the blue-nosed, green-lidded Gonzo of the Muppet Show's first season, Sam has evolved. Visually it makes him pop a little more. But as far as consistency, his feet really should match his beak. :attitude:

So after that long explanation, Sam's feet are originally blue like the rest of him.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Until contemplating what replica should be done next I never realized how many muppets used muppeteer hands for hands. I have a very bad feeling the only replicas were going to see are.. Kermit, gonzo, animal, fozzie and , piggy. When I looked at the liner notes for the 25th anniversay CD I noticed how those were the prodominant muppets. So many times it's just these 5 guys.