Poll for MR's Next Muppet Replica

Who should be MR's next Muppet replica after Miss Piggy?

• Scooter

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Beaker

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Rowlf the Dog

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Sam the Eagle

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luke

Reaction score
Kermit, gonzo, animal, fozzie and , piggy. When I looked at the liner notes for the 25th anniversay CD I noticed how those were the prodominant muppets. So many times it's just these 5 guys.
Yes they have been known to fans as "the main 5" since the TMS days and all licensing usually centers around them first and foremost. For a time characters like Beaker, Chef and Rizzo seemed to get included quite often but they do seem to have gone back to just the main 5 again lately.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
The main 5 are a good place to start. Hopefully, if MR sell as many as they need too quickly enough and hold the license for long enough, we should see more. The hold on Gonzo, due to material complications, may have caused a slight problem but, even if they haven't found a successful replacement for scott foam, there are other Muppets than could still be produced quite easily. I am thinking more of the furry type like Fozzie and Rowlf.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
In the Muppet Movie Sam's feet are blue. In Muppet Treasure Island they are clearly yellow and have been so every since. There's a history of confusion concerning the color but the licensing model sheets that Henson provided Palisades clearly noted yellow feet. This is how they want him and Disney seems to agree (or not notice).

Technically, I think Sam's feet are blue, but kind of like the blue-nosed, green-lidded Gonzo of the Muppet Show's first season, Sam has evolved. Visually it makes him pop a little more. But as far as consistency, his feet really should match his beak. :attitude:

So after that long explanation, Sam's feet are originally blue like the rest of him.
Is there a shot of Sam's feet in The Muppet Movie?

The problem when making posers is more than a few of the Muppets don't actually have feet or at least didn't at the beginning. Miss Piggy is a good example. She wears shoes most of the time as her feet are just blocks. She doesn't have toes of any sort. Has her foot definition changed in the more modern day poser?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is there a shot of Sam's feet in The Muppet Movie?

The problem when making posers is more than a few of the Muppets don't actually have feet or at least didn't at the beginning. Miss Piggy is a good example. She wears shoes most of the time as her feet are just blocks. She doesn't have toes of any sort. Has her foot definition changed in the more modern day poser?
There is a background/group theater shot in The Muppet Movie where Sam's feet can be seen as blue. I believe he is also featured in the Muppet Show Book drawings sporting blue feet. The Jim Henson Company settled on yellow feet for Treasure Island and in their design books for licensors.

Muppet feet really do change over the years. It was about what happened to be available in the Jim Henson era. That sort of detail concerned him with his fantasy films, but he was usually more interested in performance and comedy with Muppets.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
There is a background/group theater shot in The Muppet Movie where Sam's feet can be seen as blue. I believe he is also featured in the Muppet Show Book drawings sporting blue feet. The Jim Henson Company settled on yellow feet for Treasure Island and in their design books for licensors.
I'll look out for that next time I watch it. I have always been interested in that kind of thing. Inconsitances and such like. I remember being slightly amazed that Sam's feet were yellow on the Pallisades figure because I have always imagined them as the same colour as his beak. Birds often tend to have the same colour on their beak and feet.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I voted for Scooter. I like him in his Muppet Show jacket. If we get him maybe Master Replicas can make a human sized version of his jacket to sell. I would love that.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
You know what - Master Replicas should just make all the Muppets and have done! Thats the ONLY fair thing to do! EVERY SINGLE ONE! C'mon MR, what are you...chicken? Bwak bwaaaaark bwak bwak bwak