Your Thoughts: Authentic Animal Replica

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
To tell you honestly, I think the Mr version looks a lot better than the real photo puppet in that photo you put up frogboy.
Almost misread that thinking you said that the MR picture on their site looks good. I agree that the MR puppet in that shot does look great. It took some skill with posing and lighting. Their version is shinier and newer. Still not entirely happy about the eye shape and focus.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Maybe a strange question but has anyone decided to trim his hair? His moustache seems longer in the MR replica than on any promotional photographs I can find.

Luke

Reaction score
Almost misread that thinking you said that the MR picture on their site looks good. I agree that the MR puppet in that shot does look great. It took some skill with posing and lighting. Their version is shinier and newer. Still not entirely happy about the eye shape and focus.
I think a lot of the photography is down the lighting and posing, as it is with the real posers. Yourself and Antony have had some amazing shots - they are probably what has sold Animal to me if anything. There are parts of the MR Animal poser that are similar to the most recent Disney one - if you look at the Muppets.com wallpaper the top lip fur is more similar than the 70's/80's posers which had much furrier top lips. Eyes are fairly similar too - more width. Although he isn't as hairy head-wise! Someone should post their MR poser like that and do a comparison, lol.

http://muppets.go.com/wallpaper/wallpaper_4_1024x768.jpg

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Maybe a strange question but has anyone decided to trim his hair? His moustache seems longer in the MR replica than on any promotional photographs I can find.
That is SO funny! I was going to ask the same thing.
I've had the urge to trim his moustache over the last day or two but I can't get the nerve up to do it.

I really think a big part of the problem with the MR Animal is the overall "mushroom" look to his hair. Trimming the moustache would certainly be a step in the right direction (and not too much, maybe 2-3 inches) to achieve more of the round look the real poser.

After all is said and done, I'll probably leave them the way they are. I'll mess with the stuff I can fix (his tongue, hair, etc.), but I don't want to alter him in a way that would be permanent (by cutting his hair or removing his pupils).

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that the MR Animal face actually looks more like Crazy Harry than it looks like Animal? I think it's the overly large bags under his eyes.

If someone knew about dying materials (and had some money to burn), they could probably make a great looking Crazy Harry out of this Animal.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Wow he hunches

Guys, Hi,

Was watching MTM on a day off and realized wow Animal hunches. From seeing the height different between the K and A photo puppet, I looked during the scene when they're in the scam producers office and Animal is the same hieght as the frog. I know I know realistically the guys were underneath and prolly modified their ar length to make their muppet around the same height in their monitor but anywho, thought I'd throw that out to you guys.

Kevin

Luke

Reaction score
Is it true his eyes don't stay open? I'm seeing all these pics of him wide-eyed so whats the default position of his eyes when he's just left alone to his own devices?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is it true his eyes don't stay open? I'm seeing all these pics of him wide-eyed so whats the default position of his eyes when he's just left alone to his own devices?
People have been pinning the eyes wide. The eyes won't ever completely shut, even pinned. The eyes are at a natural resting position like the comparison photo. Actually, I tried to pull them up as much as possible without pins for that shot. They could appear a little lower. So that's the answer. Pretty much like the review shots and sometimes droopier.

Luke

Reaction score
People have been pinning the eyes wide. The eyes won't ever completely shut, even pinned. The eyes are at a natural resting position like the comparison photo. Actually, I tried to pull them up as much as possible without pins for that shot. They could appear a little lower. So that's the answer. Pretty much like the review shots and sometimes droopier.
oh thats fine, i think it looks great. thanks jamie, :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that the MR Animal face actually looks more like Crazy Harry than it looks like Animal? I think it's the overly large bags under his eyes.

If someone knew about dying materials (and had some money to burn), they could probably make a great looking Crazy Harry out of this Animal.
I think a lot of the photos with Animal's eyes pinned so widely and wildly back help fuel the Crazy Harry resemblance. I tell you, my Animal looks better each day. I actually trimmed (very slightly and sparingly) a few stray hairs on the replica today and it improved him so much.

As for the bags under his eyes - in the puppet they are made of foam. Here they are fleece covered sacks. That gives them a slightly bigger and puffier appearance, but I think he looks fine. I am just so happy with this item. It’s been a week and a half and I feel even more excited than the first night – and that was exciting!

:halo: :crazy: