Your Thoughts: Authentic Animal Replica

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
FrogBoy,

Wow you weren't kidding! He arrived this morning, and forgot there's no satin liner even packaged up. The only this that was an understatement is Animal is HUGE! The thing is a monster! WOW! Yeah I found alot of imperfections in the making of him. But also alot of nice touches. In trying to close the mouth the metal skeleton unline kermits is not in the entire bottom lip, it seems to be directly under the tounge, so when you try to close the mouth the tounge raises with the bottom mouth fabric, and the bottom lip hangs a good half inc lower. Alot of exposed glue on the chin hairs (not the feathers) Was impressed how each feather was hand plugged though. Things you know beforehand but don't appreciate until you see it. Think some hairspray to the eyebrows for that twisted look might be an idea. Because the puppet character is either flinging his arms around running or drumming, or in that hunched, heavy breathing mouth barely open with almost closed eyes thing he does. I find it to be very difficult to pose him in a way that makes him look like himself. My problem is hating all the poser photographs, and trying my hardest to make Kermit look like his puppet counterpart we see in llive action. I have done a pretty good job trying to replicate the fabric to appear as if there's a hand in his head, and how his arms and hands are with puppeteering sticks attached. (The creased elbows, and wrists) I don't neccesarily know what I'm doing with Animal. Which also may be due to me really only paying attention to Fozzie and kermit my whole life. But I do give him 3 3/4 stars out of 4. He's friggin huge, his color appears natural to the character, his teeth, and eyelids are great. The tounge I'm toying with cutting in half. Clothes are awesome. Maybe I need to do some serious mushing. I can also see where the collar makes a big difference with the long neck. I have him bent at the neck with the head tilted up. I'll take some pics and post them in the Animal picture thread before the end of the week.

Kevin

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooh. Pictures please! Here's a candid shot of exactly how my Animal looks right now. :halo:

I finally trimmed some of his moustache aftet much debate. I know this version better reflects the recent Animal, but I favor the classic fella and this helps make him look more like the TMS DVDs I've been watching.

Good luck!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Ok guys, I already have Kermit and Gonzo (love them both of course!) and I'm still on the fence with getting Animal. Money's not a problem.

I need you guys to convince me to get him! :halo:

(Also tell me where I can get a good spiked collar =])

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I love my animal. I went the oppositwe way. Was in no hurry to have Gonzo. The sock nose being so blue/purple is a problem for me, as well as the mouth. I just felt that for everything Gonzo wasn't, animal made up for. You really can't judge by some peoples pictures. Others have that certain knack on putting character into their static poses.
When I first had animal I barely did anytyhing to him as far as posing. Now that he's been around for two months I find myself posing him more and more trying to perfect a stance that screams "I'm A MAD-MAN!" Even without the chains and collar he looks great. The only reason I went and got those items for Animal, is people I know are the managers at a Spirit store. After hunching over his head, you don't even see his neck.

Kevin
The spiked collar we've been using is available from spirithalloween.com If your in the US you should be able to find one near you with their store locator. they have some great stuff in-store.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I finally realized why I'm so on the fence with getting Animal... it's because I spent $259.68 on that Medicon Jack Skellington replica... and it really wasn't worth it :sympathy:

But yeah, I'll probably get Animal, I'm already thinking of a good spot where I can put him! :big_grin:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, I went ahead and bought Animal on eBay for about $340 including shipping... I'm excited! I can't wait till he gets here.

And this Animal replica will be my official biggest "toy" :halo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I went ahead and bought Animal on eBay for about $340 including shipping... I'm excited! I can't wait till he gets here.

And this Animal replica will be my official biggest "toy" :halo:
Congratulations! Just remember that he looks rather freaky right out of the box. It takes a while and a little bit of fussing over him to settle into the Animal we know and love. But once he does, he is beautiful. These MR items set the bar for Muppet product.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I second what frogboy said, His head will appear like a pom-pom. Biggest toy isn't the word for him. After seeing the size of the frog, and when Animal comes out of that box, you'll think to yourself... "This thing is huge." That's a good price I got him for about $280.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, you should've seen me when I got the NECA Balrog figure... I was so excited 'cause it's so huge, and I thought the same with Kermit and Gonzo.... and knowing that Animal is bigger than them is just so exciting!

Davina

Reaction score
woohoo... Ok.. I just ordered my Animal and Gonzo figures! If you've been sitting on the fence about them (for me it was a good deal financially) MR has them marked down right now, $100 off each... (for me this was a bonus, finally got a settlement check from a car accident last year and had decided we'd buy these 2 first thing before something happened to divert the $ elsewhere again..) so I got both for just under $500, plus free shipping (and to alaska, that's a big deal..)

Anyway.. so, soon these 2 will be making their appearance at my house!
*can't wait, can't wait, can't wait*

We already have Kermit, he's sitting on top of a book case in my living room atm.. usually he's fishing, but right now he's playing with his new microphone :smile:
just have to get or make him a lil trench coat and hat.. hehehe
And he has a little santa outfit for christmas..
so now i've got to start thinking of outfit ideas for the other 2!

Pictures once they arrive