The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think tomorow i will send questions to Jim. So if you have a question ya better post it quick or it will have to wait till the next batch.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I love the PM's, they always keep me back on track.

There always used to be tons of Pigs on the Muppet Show. if they needed extras, they were invariably pigs. But now, there always seem to be extra Rats. Are rats more appealing than pigs for today's market?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey Dwayne, did you ever send questions to Jim? I haven't gotten any PMs from you lately, so I was just wondering.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hi Jim! On Muppet Central I go by MrsPepper (Floyd's wife! :big_grin: ) and I am really glad to hear of your involvement on the new Muppets Disney XD website, which is fantastic. I love the new material, it's really fresh and so much fun to watch. I was wondering, because the videos on the website have such a relaxed and on-the-spot vibe, how much is actually scripted and how much is improvised?

Luke

Reaction score
Jim, am continuing to love all the Muppets.com stuff, some questions for you -

When the Muppets appear as guests on shows, is it the performers adlibbing completely or do the writers have any involvement either with suggesting answers or being involved with an overview of how things will go. I know how well the perfomers know their characters but i always wondered if there was more to the whole process than just them.

Also, if you could pick a few characters from the past Muppet shows and movies who we don't see much of today to do more with in any future show who would you choose and why? I think i would choose Clueless Morgan and the Pigs in Spaaaaaace!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
hehehe hey yall i'm sorry i was thought people where getting bord with the thread so i kind of sat back for a little bit. I will 100% send some questiions for Jim tomorow!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey Dwayne, a piece of advice before you send the questions out... since we don't have that many people asking questions, maybe it would be best if, when people ask more than one questoin at a time, you send all of them? Just a thought.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I'll look into that i know we have quite a few from the same people, so I think that does sound like a good idea. I feel that a lot of the people who are really likeing the new Muppets.com whould have a lot of questions, but i might be wrong. It's not that I haven't promoted it thats for sure, I would love for more people to come up with questions, but the people we have I'm very happy for.

Edit: looking over the questions i think we really have a good number of them, puls the quality of the questions is really good. you all have inspired me so much that I'm going to get to work on this right now and have it ready to send to Jim first thing this morning.

One more Edit: I have it all typed up, and ready to send. now I have made a few changes but on most of the ones i changed I had already asked if it was ok, I only am going to do five questions at a time, that way it wont bog anyone down. Also i only used one question per person still, because I'm only sending five questions. I think the first question is a two parter but they went together so to speak so i keep it that way.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Dwayne do you let him know who the questions are from when you send it to him? Just a thought because I know I wanted to ask a question for a long time; I put alot of thought into what I wanted to say and I typed my post exactly as I wanted him to read it. Also I think it would be nice if he knew who the questions were coming from. Ex.:

question #1 is from luke. (post follows follows here)

question #2 is also from Luke (post follows)

question #3 is from MrsPepper (post here)

etc...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Dwayne do you let him know who the questions are from when you send it to him? Just a thought because I know I wanted to ask a question for a long time; I put alot of thought into what I wanted to say and I typed my post exactly as I wanted him to read it. Also I think it would be nice if he knew who the questions were coming from. Ex.:

question #1 is from luke. (post follows follows here)

question #2 is also from Luke (post follows)

question #3 is from MrsPepper (post here)

etc...
Hey Mrs. P! Welcome abord, I'm glad to see you, and that you really care about your questions. You really seem passionit about this and that just makes me very happy.
In the past, all i have done was just copyed and pasted the questions, with no ones name. Here lattly thought it has seemed that everyone is wanting to make it personal, and I think its great! When I typed out the questions i put who they where from, and i think it has turned out real nice. I did it like this see what you think.

1. From Ryan (Question)..,.

2. From Mrs. Pepper (Question)... And so on.

I have also choise to only send five questions, so we do put to much on Jim. I think that is a good number, and with this batch of questions has left me more questions to deal with.
That said I am sitting here typing and thinking about the 5 I have ready. I am going to take out the Question I came up with, and slide yours there in it's place. I just threw mine in there for the fun of it, but i can ask him questions at any time. I hope this explains things a little bit clearly for you.
Dwayne

Edit: I have fixed the questions, and sent them off! we should hear something ethier today or tomorow.