New behind-the-scenes book to celebrate Fraggle Rock

Redsonga

Reaction score
In fact, looking past differences is why the beloved pairs of Bert & Ernie, Kermit & Fozzie, Gonzo & Animal (or Rizzo)--and the romances of Kermit & Piggy and Gonzo & Camilla--exist in the Muppet world, as well.
Gonzo and Animal? :confused: I think I missed some jokes somewhere:embarrassed:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Anyway, FR has never gotten a real book about itself before has it :frown:?
Sans story books and incomplete--and inaccurate--totes, The Muppets in general have lacked true book devoted solely to them.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Sans story books and incomplete--and inaccurate--totes, The Muppets in general have lacked true book devoted solely to them.
*sigh* And the fraggles have a whole world to talk about to:embarrassed:...

zns

Reaction score
Cancelled...

WHAT?

NO!

I was all set to pre-order THREE of those books right off the bat! Fraggle Rock is a masterpiece made by artists and geniuses! Give these guys some credit, will you, publishers? There IS an audience for Fraggle merchandise! Do we need to show you bare shelves at Hot Topic where Fraggle plush and t-shirts once (briefly) sat? Do we need to show you the number of Fraggle DVDs that have been sold, not to mention their place on Amazon's selling list when they debuted?

Frankly, I don't care whether Seasons 4 and 5 come together or separately. As long as the quality remains the same as in the previous sets, that's fine. However, I will say this:

Fans DO care about the show and it's characters! We NEED a suitable book to fully acknowledge the great love and care Jim Henson and his crew put into the program! It would be an excellent way to not just honor Jim, but to honor all the people behind Fraggle Rock.

I was one of the lucky ones to see Fraggle Rock when it first appeared on HBO. I was just a kid then, and I love Fraggle Rock even more now than back in 1982. I came to appreciate and admire the work of the Muppeteers, writers, musicians and especially Jim even more since the new DVDs came out. Look at the interviews and special features! The people who worked on the show have fond memories, yes, but their pride shows too! They are so proud to have been a part of something with such a positive message without being too preachy, dumbed down or saccharine. (Something missing greatly in much programming nowadays, children's programming and otherwise).

Fraggle Rock isn't just for kids. Jim Henson said in one interview: "If we do the show well, it's the kind of show that families or almost anybody can enjoy."

ANYBODY can enjoy.

With the exception of "Peanuts" and key works of Seuss, I have never seen anything so full of profound philosophical and humanitarian aspects respresented by simply designed characters than in Fraggle Rock. The big concept behind it all was to care about one another. This was (arguably) Jim Henson's biggest lesson in his work. "To look past differences and find reasons for us to help one another." Those are Jim's words exactly, and THAT is why Fraggle Rock exists.

I will love the work of Jim Henson for the rest of my life (and I think I can speak for quite a lot of us here with that statement). I don't know about any of you, but if I live to be 100+, I'll have my ancient Fraggle DVDs ready for the "young'uns" when they visit. Hopefully, hopefully I'll have a big coffee table Fraggle book to share with them as well. So, as they get older, the wisdom, philosophies and magic of "Fraggle Rock" will continue into their lives even after I'm gone.

There needs to be a coffee table-quality book about Fraggle Rock. It deserves this type of treatment. The DVDs were delayed so something else could be made first. Why?

My feelings about the cancellation of this book are best put in the words of Boober Fraggle:

"Angry? I'm not angry. I AM FURIOUS!"

Convincing John
I couldn't agree more with what you're saying Convincing John. I spoke to the woman who emailed me about the cancelation and told her about how fans like us care for Jim's vision and wisdom. Thankfully, she said that she had forwarded my message to the editorial staff so let's see what can happen.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with what you're saying Convincing John. I spoke to the woman who emailed me about the cancelation and told her about how fans like us care for Jim's vision and wisdom. Thankfully, she said that she had forwarded my message to the editorial staff so let's see what can happen.
*sigh* Editors :stick_out_tongue:. If they are the ones that decided to not make the book I can see why it happened:coy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
*sigh* Editors :stick_out_tongue:. If they are the ones that decided to not make the book I can see why it happened:coy:
Ditto. Editors think they can control every little thing when it comes to a book (ex: Dan Didio for the Teen Titans franchise [Heck, it's why Robin/Nightwing is more of a 'Dick' than usual, why Beast Boy has become far more serious than fans of his are used to, why cool characters like SuperBoy & Kid Flash end up dead, why Raven has more rebirths than Jesus it seems, etc.]).

Convincing John

Reaction score
You still got that woman's phone number or email? If so, feel absolutely free to forward my post above to the editorial staff as well.

And just for the record, there has been a quality coffee table book about the Muppets. "Of Muppets and Men; the Making of the Muppet Show".

Fraggle Rock needs to be represented that way. It deserves it!

Convincing John