The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But do you remember the later seasons when The Captain dies and his nephew takes over the lighthouse? I still remember the very last episode after Gobo and the Fraggles have befriended The Hairy Monster, they go to Outer Space to visit him but they are confronted with computers that do the same job as the lighthouse keeper and their new friend is gone. I also, vaguely, remember The Captain's nephew seeing Gobo and the new place he moves too has a Fraggle Hole in the wall.
I would love to get to see some of those later UK episodes again.

Also, I used to love Portland Bill when I was a kid. Especially the theme song. :smile:
Wow, thanks for sharing that! Yeah, I'm not even from the UK but I always wish they'd put those on DVD! I've seen a couple Captain and Sprocket scenes before, and they were surprisingly even deeper than than the US/Canadian version. If that was possible. :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well why not put your song on Tv or movies to me it would just promote what you have done even more. They should be honnered that there song was used by the Muppets I know i would have.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
oh come with me on the rolling sea, where the weather's calm and still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDr66IspYfI

I loved him as he was the only man I knew who could knit.

Yes I remember the nephew taking over. Do you remember the TVS title at the begining:
Ah, you are right, I do remember the TVS logo as it faded out to the long shot of the lighthouse. Who are or were TVS?

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for sharing that! Yeah, I'm not even from the UK but I always wish they'd put those on DVD! I've seen a couple Captain and Sprocket scenes before, and they were surprisingly even deeper than than the US/Canadian version. If that was possible. :wink:
For me, the UK version was always a little more magical or mystical than the US version. The opening scene where we are traveling down towards the lighthouse and you can hear the wind noises just before we catch up with Gobo in the tunnels. When I watched as a kid, I had the idea that The Captain and Sprocket were in this very desolate place on the edge of the rocks, looking out to sea. A lot more of a picturesque location for something like a Fraggle Hole.
Add to that the fact Fulton Mackay was a very deep actor and put so much feeling into that character. You felt he was really fond of Sprocket even tho he was a lot stricter with him than Doc ever was.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
TVS is Television South, now meridian TV their Studio's are in Maidstone. They produced many a loved programme including Number 73.

Mind you I love Tynes TV too, they produced Supergran and Worzel Gummidge.

There may be some mistake here. Portland Bill was nothing to do with Henson, just a kid's TV programme in the 80's. we had loads of stop frame animation:

The Amazing adverntures of Morph: Click Here (from the studios of Walace & Gromit)
My Favourite, The Flumps: Click Here
Chortlon and the Wheelies: Click Here
Cockleshell Bay: Click Here (did have it's own programme, but here as part of Rainbow)
Wind in Willows: Click Here
Bertha: Click Here

There are loads more I'll post later.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
TVS is Television South, now meridian TV their Studio's are in Maidstone. They produced many a loved programme including Number 73.

Mind you I love Tynes TV too, they produced Supergran and Worzel Gummidge.

There may be some mistake here. Portland Bill was nothing to do with Henson, just a kid's TV programme in the 80's. we had loads of stop frame animation:

The Amazing adverntures of Morph: Click Here (from the studios of Walace & Gromit)
My Favourite, The Flumps: Click Here
Chortlon and the Wheelies: Click Here
Cockleshell Bay: Click Here (did have it's own programme, but here as part of Rainbow)
Wind in Willows: Click Here
Bertha: Click Here

There are loads more I'll post later.
Yep, I used to watch all of those. Chorlton and the Wheelies & The Flumps were very slightly before my time tho but I used to watch the repeats. I loved Wind in the Willows and still do.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Hey, want to take this over to the Fraggle Rock forum?

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
Maybe I'll start up an 80's Kids Cult section, where we can all submit clips and pictures.

Anyone know where this should sit?

Leanne

Status
Not open for further replies.