Ask Travis: A Master Replicas Photo Puppet Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Do you have any opinion on solving the foam head dilemma using a plastic/vinyl "dolls head" substitute rather than fabrics & foams? (more info in my earlier post: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=610444 ).

Though it compromises these replicas being totally soft goods, I can't see how the "Gonzo 'sock' solution" could ever be used for the scale of moulded foam-work on Piggy & others. And it seems that MR tried very hard but couldn’t find any alternative for Gonzo.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
No opinion at this juncture, though I haven't really thought about it/looked into anything yet. I think that the foam that makes up Miss Piggy's face is quite different than the foam from Gonzo's nose. (I have the bible from the puppet builders.) It's a lot less porous... so, I don't know if it has the same issues with degrading over time. Right now, we're very Fozzie focused. Though, I hope to start on Piggy soon...

But am I opposed to it? No, not at this juncture. But I would need to research it more.

Don't forget about our Gonzo pictures Travis, the shipping date seems so far away and we need something to pacify us fans! :concern:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=35204&page=38

Scroll down..

Are your photographers told how to display the replica prototypes when they take pictures of them for the site?
No, they are not. We don't really even have a photographer. Our Director of Creative Services (i.e. Graphics, etc.) doubles as our photographer. Generally speaking, he does an excellent job... but these Photo Puppets are challenging. I am going to ask to be involved in any Muppet shoots, going forward... (Not that I am an expert either...)

This might've been asked/answered elsewhere, but... Will the Gonzo replica have poseable eyelids? Also, will his mouth be moveable?
Both eyelids and mouth move. I would classify the mouth as poseable, while the eyelids are moveable, like Animals, but do not stay back.

Is there a projected price-range for the resin figures planned for later this year? Will you be able to get more obscure characters made into resin figures as opposed to full-blown replicas?
Again, more on this at Toy Fair.

And just a little annoying fan-boy question... Will the resin figures be in-scale with the Palisades figures? If so, would you consider making sculptures of some of the "missing pieces" of the Palisades line? (e.g. Sal, standing Robin, Bean Bunny, Bobo, etc.)
Sorry, no. They're different, and I don't want -- even in resin -- to try to step into Ken's shoes! :smile:

With (we'll say then, the probability of) no stands for the larger replicas please tell me we'll still be issued the same size adhesive numbered plaque for the subsequent replicas?[/B] I have not applied my plaques to the stands as I have plans to use them in a wall sized display case later on.
The plaques will be the same, yes. They will come with free-standing plaque-stands, like those from our Star Wars replicas.

Will MR be sending Animal, Gonzo, or Fozzie on a nationwide "trip" like Kermit did?
There was a plan for Animal, but it has not panned out. But it was quite different -- the only similarity was that Animal would more from place to place. But we would not have needed any volunteers from collectors. (Too cryptic? Or not cryptic enough?)

With the timelines that you've seen so far, as a hypothetical, ballpark, when can you look for Fozzie to ship? I ask cause I really haven't a clue or where in the process MR's at right now.
Well, like I said earlier -- it's hard to say, and I'd hate to be wrong, and have to listen to "... but you said..." Especially with a new factory in the mix. Let's say 3rd or 4th quarter... that gives me a 6 month window.

With the problems encountered with that blue alien weirdo, will this change MR pre-order policies of not offering it up until at least the first item is off the production line? **** for photo's sake at least! **** that thing!
Most likely, no. This is not a new issue for us -- or for collectibles companies in general. So, I don't expect any policy changes.

Okay, thanks gang. Have a great night. I am going to bed!

Later,
Travis

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Hey Travis. Thanks a gain for answering our Q's

I really love the Gonzo pics you posted. Anyway my Q is

What other Henson related projects would you like to see done via MR.....as a wish list. Also what did you think of Lost!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Piggy head

No opinion at this juncture, though I haven't really thought about it/looked into anything yet. I think that the foam that makes up Miss Piggy's face is quite different than the foam from Gonzo's nose. (I have the bible from the puppet builders.) It's a lot less porous... so, I don't know if it has the same issues with degrading over time. Right now, we're very Fozzie focused. Though, I hope to start on Piggy soon...

Later,
Travis
Sorry, Trav, the head does break down.Look at this

From the mould you could make vinyl heads and flock it.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hey Travis,

Question on Fozzie.

When the protos were made, I believe the only fur available was 3.5 inches long, and the Fozzie fur should be 2.5 inches.

Has this shorter fur been found to use on the replica or will he be made from the longer fur?

Next, Do the offical Muppet Posers have wires in there feet/toes?

With future Replicas, is the eye lids opening and closing something that could be fixed so it didnt need to be pinned?

Thanks

Chris

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Muppetperson!

Where is that head from, is it on display somewhere? Do you know which productions that head was used for?

Chris

Beauregard

Reaction score
No questions here, lol! I'm stunned by the amount of answers we've already had! Thank you for taking the time to talk to us, and for showing us new photos of Gonzo.

Rowlfharris

Reaction score
Sorry, Trav, the head does break down.Look at this
Yipes that's a scary picture.....but that's why I keep bringing up this vinyl head concept. All foam degrades in time, and the Pig's head has always needed continual replacement.

The moulded hollow vinyl head idea might achieve a compromise of at least looking exactly like the real puppets, but still poseable and lasting almost indefinitely. If it was flocked or fleeced over, you wouldn’t even know it wasn't foam until you tried to 'squash' it.

Had it been used for Gonzo, it could have been surface textured to look like foam (similar to the Palisades sculpts), and moulding his difficult mouth shape would not have been such a challenge.

I don't intend cancelling my Gonzo order, but would prefer a more true-to-form outcome on Piggy.

muppetguy

Reaction score
2 Questions For Travis

Hey Travis, still on the Miss Piggy thing (I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE HER, IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY...AT ALL- Keeermit's Piggy Puppet is amazing! God, I want it) Anyways, stay focused. I know that last time you guys (MR) were at a comic convention and there's one coming up in April, in New York City, my home town. My question is, well, acctually two, 1. Will you be there showing off master replica items (more in particullarly Muppets and Disney items)? and 2. Will we see a Miss Piggy prototype Poser? (SO HOPING YOU SAY YES ON THIS). Oh and LOST was amazing last night by the way, saw you talking about that in the Gozo pic thread, LOVE GONZO, by the way. I love his side views. Hope to hear back from you soon.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.