MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Now that's really mean. All that means is they want money money money! Even if i have to but each box by taring every box i see then so be it but i hope this doesn't happen.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Basically blind boxing means theoretically you could buy box after box wanting different figures, but keep getting the same one. Personally I'd pay a premium to avoid the hassle. MINDstyle should look into that.
I agree, this sounds like something good to buy on ebay :smile: I'm use to paying a little bit more for sets...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Now that's really mean. All that means is they want money money money! Even if i have to but each box by taring every box i see then so be it but i hope this doesn't happen.
It does feel mean, but I'm certain the blind box decision is only due to a lack of faith in the Fraggle brand. Many retailers won't stock products unless it's tied to a current popular project. Blind sets and such methods also help bring characters like the Trash Heap into the mix. There are other ways that can be done. Henson and Muppet products are a more complex brand to market than the average production product.

As a Muppet fan I have chosen the product that has the biggest priority - Muppet posers. Everything else is secondary. Again, I wish they'd package all the characters together and sell them off their site for a higher premium than chancing it with individual blind boxes. These are Fraggle figures, not Pokemon cards! :smirk:

Redsonga

Reaction score
To me normal big name muppet things will always be around, but this new life in the Fraggle Rock world is something I want to jump on, before it goes the way of the new Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake :frown:

Luke

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the letters thing. It sounds more like Sesame Street than Fraggles to me, but we'll see. :coy:
It has to be said, the letters idea is the most pointless idea ive heard in a long time. They would have been better off including doozer sticks to put together to build little constructions from. I doubt any Fraggle fan wants the letters and they oughta just ditch that bit at toy fair and bring the price point down a buck or something - they'd likely make a few more sales.

I agree totally about having a premium option to buy the complete sets, big money to be made there. These do have a lot of potential to sell, maybe even more than Muppets in the comic shops as Fraggle does seem to be very well remembered amongst the casual fans, especially at the moment.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oooo I've always wanted doozer sticks, they seem like they would be very easy to make, they could even save the earth a little and make them from reused plastic :big_grin:!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It has to be said, the letters idea is the most pointless idea ive heard in a long time. They would have been better off including doozer sticks to put together to build little constructions from. I doubt any Fraggle fan wants the letters and they oughta just ditch that bit at toy fair and bring the price point down a buck or something - they'd likely make a few more sales.

I agree totally about having a premium option to buy the complete sets, big money to be made there. These do have a lot of potential to sell, maybe even more than Muppets in the comic shops as Fraggle does seem to be very well remembered amongst the casual fans, especially at the moment.
I don't think a lot of industry people get the popularity of Fraggle Rock. There is definitely - Fraggle momentum.

Also, true on the Doozer sticks. And the inclusion of letters kind of sends up a red flag to me that the designers or marketers at MINDstyle don't quite get the Fraggles. HBO wanted to turn the show into a letters and numbers Sesame type program and Jim Henson wouldn't allow that. That's a big factor in why it went away. :busy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oooo I've always wanted doozer sticks, they seem like they would be very easy to make, they could even save the earth a little and make them from reused plastic :big_grin:!
Cool idea! Finally a children's toy that actually doesn't cause damage!

And I wish I was kidding! The US has a big problem in this area as we know. The government turned a blind eye to bad working practices overseas, and we here at home were content with cheaper priced toys.