MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Your on Muppet Central and you don't know Sal? OMG, go sit in the naughty corner. Outrageous!
Just because I'm a member does not mean I have to be a fan of every single character that was ever made ^.~. To be honest I have never liked :rolleyes: or :shifty: ether, but that does not make me any less of a fan IMHO :excited:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just because I'm a member does not mean I have to be a fan of every single character that was ever made ^.~. To be honest I have never liked :rolleyes: or :shifty: ether, but that does not make me any less of a fan IMHO
I take it you're more of a Fraggle fan first and that's great. I start at the classic Muppet Show and Muppet Movie and go from there. There's been the odd-obscure Sesame character name that pops up that I don't remember even with my affection for the program. I usually just keep that to myself. He he. But I'm tecnically on staff here and even I check the Wiki sometimes for spellings and corrections.

Here's a little about the canceled Sal action figure that was to accompany the Johnny Fiama I worked on.

Here's a little about Sal himself.

Here's a link to the rough prototype of a Gobo action figure they never released.

Good things were still coming from that company. Wish they were still around. It's products like that MindStyle has to live up to. I do like the fact that they're moving away from articulation but I hope that means they're getting a better overall (letters and numberless) sculpt out of things. :excited:

By the way, I like Rizzo fine, but he's never been my favoriten either. Love the prawn though.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I just hope the figures are well done, for many of the Fraggle ones have always been a bit...off, somewhat.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I take it you're more of a Fraggle fan first and that's great. I start at the classic Muppet Show and Muppet Movie and go from there. There's been the odd-obscure Sesame character name that pops up that I don't remember even with my affection for the program. I usually just keep that to myself. He he. But I'm tecnically on staff here and even I check the Wiki sometimes for spellings and corrections.

Here's a little about the canceled Sal action figure that was to accompany the Johnny Fiama I worked on.

Here's a little about Sal himself.

Here's a link to the rough prototype of a Gobo action figure they never released.

Good things were still coming from that company. Wish they were still around. It's products like that MindStyle has to live up to. I do like the fact that they're moving away from articulation but I hope that means they're getting a better overall (letters and numberless) sculpt out of things. :excited:

By the way, I like Rizzo fine, but he's never been my favoriten either. Love the prawn though.
I think my fandom goes more SS and FR and then Muppet Babies and then the classic first three muppet movies and then the muppet show (which I still collect on DVD, I don't dislike it or anything :smile:). I did not even hear of Muppets Tonight until I came here, but it seems like I am never as much of a fan of the newer muppet characters as the older ones....

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think my fandom goes more SS and FR and then Muppet Babies and then the classic first three muppet movies and then the muppet show (which I still collect on DVD, I don't dislike it or anything :smile:). I did not even hear of Muppets Tonight until I came here, but it seems like I am never as much of a fan of the newer muppet characters as the older ones....
Most people never heard of Muppets Tonight. That was part of its problem. They stuck it with Urkel in ABC's family lineup. :grouchy:

I would say my Henson fandom for things I really like are is in this order - Muppet Show (all incarnations), Dark Crystal/Labyrinth, Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street and Jim's early work with Sam & Friends etc.

The Muppet Babies cartoon (along with several other projects) never lived up to my fan expectations, but I have learned to respect why others like it. Just no personal connection beyond my previous list.

I still want to see these MindStyle Fraggle figure prototypes. I think they've decided to really retool them after fan reaction to the whole letters and numbers thing. That really rubbed fans the wrong way knowing HBO's proposal to transform the Fraggles into a Sesame type program and rebrand it under their ownership is what led to its cancellation by Jim Henson. The company really had to backtrack after such an unintended fan-base faux pas. We are used to more a personal touch these days. I still want to see these and have every intention of buying them.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Just because I'm a member does not mean I have to be a fan of every single character that was ever made ^.~. To be honest I have never liked :rolleyes: or :shifty: ether, but that does not make me any less of a fan IMHO :excited:
I agree with you, and am quite sure Luke was teasing you.

Like they said, Sal was a great character on Muppets Tonight, a show that was cancelled off ABC too soon and put on The Disney Channel.

Well, for the few weeks it was on, my college buds and I would get pizza and watch the show, then one night "Boy Meets World" came on in its place and we were so disappointed.

Hopefully, Muppets Tonight will make it to DVD one day. In the meantime, it should be available for swap or something with someone here.

Frogboy, I forgot about the Gobo Fraggle action figure! Man, I would have bought a WHOLE set of those (obviously, I bought all the Palisades Muppet stuff anyway).

It's probably already posted (I'm usually a day late and a dollar short {sometimes $1.25}) but: Go to the Sunday, March 2, post of this link and it appears to be a Doozer action figure?
http://www.jeffpidgeon.com/labels/fraggle rock.html

wwfpooh

Reaction score
but it seems like I am never as much of a fan of the newer muppet characters as the older ones....
Same here. If anything, I feel stuck in the 80's or 90's somewhere.

Drtooth

Reaction score

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I hope the details are good in regards to the figures.