MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Excellent, they all look fantastic, i'll definitely buy them. I thought Sprocket and Trash Heap worked ok as just heads as it kinda blends in as they werent tall anyway, but something about Pa Gorg unsettles me. Sculpting on him is perfect but maybe the Gorgs would have been better full body but just a bit taller than the Fraggles - its not like these had to be in scale as the Doozers arent.
I agree with you. I think the ratio came from the blind boxing concept. They had a certain height and width to work with so that each piece could fit in the same size box.

I still feel they were thinking too small with these figures. I think they should throw in a few mini facades (flat unarticulated playsets) like a cave, the entrance through Doc's workshop, the Gorg's garden and one for Doozers. They could be made on a very tight budget like the Simpsons.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
My plan to fix the Gorg-head thing is to create some kind of "bush" or wall for them to 'peek over' at the Fraggles.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Very nice! I like Uncle Matt and Red the best... it looks like Wembly still needs to be worked on... and i'm not happy with Boober... its Booberish.. but i'd like him more open. And i'm not crazy for the fact that Gobo (my favorit) is sitting down. I'm being picky.. i know... the sculpt is great... but i'd like to see him standing.

They all look like they'd be great if you have them in a scene pose, however if you were to buy some of them on their own... i just dont think it works.

Over all.. i'm VERY happy with how they look

Redsonga

Reaction score
*has her heart set on a stop motion animation epic rolling Pa head youtube thingie*
*cleans her imagination with a good book and goes back to bed* :stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
*has her heart set on a stop motion animation epic rolling Pa head youtube thingie*
*cleans her imagination with a good book and goes back to bed* :stick_out_tongue:
LOL! But in all seriousness, despite the lack of playability, these figures are awesome!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with you. I think the ratio came from the blind boxing concept. They had a certain height and width to work with so that each piece could fit in the same size box.
That and they wanted some sense of Scale, though it's clearly not fully accurate. Of course, if they wanted a fuller body to fit in a box, they could have made the figures in pieces that you snap together (Similar to Gentle Giant's Simpsons Busts).

I like these and all, and I will definately get as many as I can afford... but I still think they should have a different concept for the box, be it a plastic window, different Box art, or a lable on each package saying the character inside.