Your Gonzo Replica Pictures

doc hopper

Reaction score
you know what's funny? Travis' photos didn't do him justice! These pics make Gonzo look really, REALLY good!

where's my credit card...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Got em'! Sorry, in a hurry so I'll be brief. First initial feeling was different. I actually squeaked! He looks so cute! I give him a...well, stars are hard. I give Gonzo a B to B+ so far. I haven't had time to tweak him yet.

Here are the issues you want to know about:
* Visible seams and weird texture of the nose (we knew that) isn't great, but it's not terrible at all.

* Pupil focus is like season one Muppet Show - wandering eyes. Not bad, but needs fixing!

* Lid shells not as visible, but I'll have to fix that too. The green portion of one lid is not painted enough, but easy fix.

* Nose/mouth shape is darn close. Top lip isn't as pronounced as depicted. Color and shading is a little less detailed than I would like but it's purplish with yellow tones in it closer than most other products.

Really Good stuff:
* The rest - fur, hair, likeness, clothes, little - real - shoes etc. Go get 'em if you can. I swear to Camilla that some people just shouldn't be allowed to take pictures!

This are snapshots taken right out of the box. No futzing no posing no Photoshopping in any way. Just stuck him up there and snapped so that you guys could get a true representation of him. Lighting could be better! here---:concern:
Gonzo out of the box images.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Thats a great set of pics as well FrogBoy. I do think that MC has a Gonzo with better focus than yours, it may be like Animal, you either get a good one or a bad one. I bet you are really pleased to get him a t last

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thats a great set of pics as well FrogBoy. I do think that MC has a Gonzo with better focus than yours, it may be like Animal, you either get a good one or a bad one. I bet you are really pleased to get him a t last
Yeah, I'm happy with my Gonzo. There are some micro issues with the foam, paint, stocking seams and tiny pseudo snags, but in all I am pleased. I've met Gonzo and was expecting this to look like his simple cousin, but this is him. Not a perfect him, but a very very good him! I'd almost call him Great. :concern:

A lot of folk around here probably feel they're getting the real skinny on his criticism with me as I have voiced many a concern!

The fabric Caper suggested for eye dots is being shipped and will reach me next week. Thanks Caper. It will be a great help!

Now it's off to see my partner and let him take a look at Gonzo. He's met the real fella too. :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score

Telly

Reaction score
I'm in love with a blue weirdo.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Wow Jamie, that's a huge pupil-placement difference between your Gonzo and MC's. Crazy factory shenanigans! :insatiable: (love the new smilies BTW, glad I got close on Big Bird!)

Can't wait to get my Gonzie, I cancelled my MR preorder and got him for less through DisneyShopping.com, SO... I have to wait, but I'm glad I'm waiting for something that isn't horrible like I imagined! This is the first time I gave a looksie at in-hand MR Muppet pics before I got my own, cuz I was so scared with Gonzo! I'm very happy to see he isn't the disaster we all made him out to be.

Cheers to MR!
:smile:
Anthony