The "Dream/Scheme" issue

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I don't know about that one, but there are a couple of others. Kick a Stone and The Way I've Got to Go is one example, which I think is kind of funny since Mokey and Cotterpin are preformed by the same person, and the only tow characters preformed by her at that. The other one is the Remembering Song and I'm a Little Fraggle. I like to think though that there is a good reason for these.

Redsonga

Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me, they are all better songs than most I have heard :smile:. I still stand by my fraggle tribe idea :3

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've made an observation that's a little weird but neat nonetheless. It seems to me that the FR songwriters rhyme "dream" and "scheme" too much in their songs. I can only think of two examples, but for all I know there might be more: "Heart In A Hanky" from Wembley's Flight and "Big Boy Now" from A Dark and Stormy Night. Is this just coincidence or a weakness in the composing of the songs?
Reminds me of Pinky and the Brain. Everytime a song was used in the series, the odds are "Unfurled" and "World" was in it. of course, there aren't too many rhymes for World.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Reminds me of Pinky and the Brain. Everytime a song was used in the series, the odds are "Unfurled" and "World" was in it. of course, there aren't too many rhymes for World.
Lol, that's a great point, I'd never thought of that before. Plus "unfurled" is the sort of high class word Brain would use, hehe.

Princeton

Reaction score
I think they did that exact same thing in "Sailing For Adventure" in MTI.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Lol, that's a great point, I'd never thought of that before. Plus "unfurled" is the sort of high class word Brain would use, hehe.
A lot of the Silver Age toons (specifically Animaniacs! and Pinky & the Brain [because both star Rob Paulsen--who was "a singer more than anything"--in a starring role and considering that Pinky & the Brain spun-off from Animaniacs! to start with]) had songs, rhyming or otherwise, with Yakko's unofficial theme song about the Nations of the World being one of the most memorable that's often requested at conventions. ^_^

*is now reminded of The Brain's Dream the Improbable Scheme song*

Princeton

Reaction score
I also discovered this rhyme scheme in the second version of "I Was The Greatest Christmas Toy Of All" in The Christmas Toy.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Not only that, I've heard nearly the same melody in a few Fraggle songs. But it makes sense, pretty much the same writers the whole series, having to come up with two songs every week. I imagine it would be necessary to steal from yourself occasionally, lol.
Also the Remembering Song in Boober Rock is the same as I'm A Little Stewpot from Boober Gorg. Both have Boober losing his memory,so it may be intentional.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Also the Remembering Song in Boober Rock is the same as I'm A Little Stewpot from Boober Gorg. Both have Boober losing his memory,so it may be intentional.
Oh yeah that's right, that works actually, lol.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Oh yeah that's right, that works actually, lol.
Yup! Hey both times his lack of memory were caused by a plant! The plant sprays Boober with the smoke in Boober Rock, and the Radish conks him on the head in Boober Gorg. That's pretty coincidental.