The Fourth Semi-Annual Official Muppet Central Forum Awards Ceremony

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Beige: (trying to whistle while munching on Doozer sticks, and failing miserably)
Nora: Hey, Beige, it might be better if you swallowed the sticks first.
Beige: (swallow) Aw, where's the fun in that? (to stage) Go Beth!
Scooter: (looking at users box at bottom of screen) Wow...this place is packed to the roof tonight.
Erin: Well, why not? It's one of the big nights of the year.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I know, but I was just saying that you shouldn't complain about people cleaning up and it being "fixed" if you won something. It's not a big deal, I'm having an ok time(although I didn't get my invite in the mail, and I had to sneak in behind Big Bird to get into the show) and it's not that bad of a show. Congrats to all the winners.

Daniel

Luke

Reaction score
Course it isn't fixed, Count and Prawnie are Muppet fans and i'd like to think its not in the spirit of Jim for anyone to suspect that of one of "our own", though Snowth was obviously just joking. This was just a case that the only people who bothered to vote were just one group of friends. However i think Steve has a point - whether it is hosted on Muppetcast or MC, it should be a poll where everyone can vote more easier next time (once per category for pre-nominated people) and i think it'd be fun if people could see the results and campaign for their friends and nominated choices - the Muppet elections thread was fun that way. There are waaaaaay too many categories though, probably put people off voting!

This was just a bit of fun though, and i think everyone who won was well deserved and enjoy it! I can't wait to hear it all on the Muppetcast!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
*After this, Boober shakes his fun side back down to the bottom.
Boober: That's enough! And now, to restore the true reverence of why we're here... The Book of Tears award goes to A Heart of Gold by Lisa 'TogetherAgain.
Oh, wow... Thank you! I must say that, considering I distinctly remember beating my chest with guilt after posting at least one chapter of Heart of Gold because of what I'd done to the characters... I am very grateful for this award. And I can assure you that if- no, WHEN- I get back to this story, there is more sadness on the way. ...<shifty eyes> <ahem> And a happy ending, eventually, but that's a loooooong way away... <runs from naggers and hides under seat>

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Course it isn't fixed, Count and Prawnie are Muppet fans and i'd like to think its not in the spirit of Jim for anyone to suspect that of one of "our own", though Snowth was obviously just joking. This was just a case that the only people who bothered to vote were just one group of friends. However i think Steve has a point - whether it is hosted on Muppetcast or MC, it should be a poll where everyone can vote more easier next time (once per category for pre-nominated people) and i think it'd be fun if people could see the results and campaign for their friends and nominated choices - the Muppet elections thread was fun that way.

This was just a bit of fun though, and i think everyone who won was well deserved and enjoy it! I can't wait to hear it all on the Muppetcast!
Yeah, you said it, man. I don't, in any way, shape or form, think that they'd 'fix' the awards, the idea is just ludicrous; what would they have to gain? They're already some of the most applauded fellas around here so there's no doubt that they wouldn't cheat. Geez.

I too am greatly looking forward to this evening's audio version of the ceremonies; it certainly is different! :smile:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Offended by a comment I made earlier, Anythingmuppet?
Pardon, pardon, and pardon.

Was being playful in all the wrong ways.
People know me as being a bit of a joker...

So sincere apologies.
:stick_out_tongue:

Guys, do not worry.
13 people voted, so it's all really based on the results.
They did not "fix" the awards, as AM and I worked hard in doing the awards.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well yeah... If more people had voted perhaps the results would've differed somewhat. The reason we did the voting this way this year was because of last time. After the endless obnoxiousness of some members who will not be named campaigning for themselves, I told Prawn that there had to be a better way of getting the voting done secretly or privately. Maybe for next year's awards we can do it via a poll that shows who voted for which nominee. Or do it at a place that'll accept more than just the one vote per person rule. Hope you guys can understand. And hey... If you don't vote then you can't blame the people who win these things. But let's reflect upon the positive and fun we've had as these are coming to a close.

Wembley: Wow... That's a tough act to folow for a simple Fraggle like me. So I'll just give this certificate for the greatest Wemblin' Fool to Lisa 'TogetherAgain.
http://i27.tinypic.com/2uzqjvm.jpg

*Sits down next to Gobo and Kate after he hands over the honor, pondering over the simpleness of simply being a Fraggle.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<crawls out from under seat>

Me? A wembler? I am? Well, gee, if you guys think so... I don't know, though, am I really? I guess I kind of am... Well- Thanks for the award, everybody! I think...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Abby: Beth you won an award!
Beth: I did! Gee, how'd I miss that? *runs to the stage* Thank you! I have fun writing short little stories sometimes and I'm just thrilled that someone appreciated my modern twist on the Gift of the Magi. Thank you one and all!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Claudia:
[Screeches girlishly]
BETH! MAGICAL MOMENTS! EEEE!

WEMBLIN' FOOL!

I love you people. X)