The MuppetCast - Show #45 - The MC Forum Awards Ceremony

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow Bunsen...you finally killed Beaker...are you happy now? Lol

Luke

Reaction score
I think like the idea Steve had about doing it out of a web site whould make seem more fair to some.
I think it oughta be voted for at MC seeing as its the MC awards, but i think the first people should hear of the winners should be on the Muppetcast ceremony - with a simple list of winners put on MC after. It'd be cool if more of the award winners could be included on the Muppetcast broadcast too. The whole thing could be set up at MC as a series of polls in a sub forum, where you cannot see the results or current totals until the poll closes. That is possible with this forum software, and would ensure its one vote per member. The people listed in each poll could just contain whoever is nominated before the poll starts or be say a few people pre-selected by a panel of judges - although whoevers involved probably oughta voluntarily opt out of the awards. Just some ideas, it is just a bit of fun, but if this amount of work is going into each year by you guys it deserves to be done in a big way on the forum.

It needs someone with major forum access so maybe Kev would step in seeing as Ed is very active in fan fic and stuff so he really oughta be included in the nominations.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
You know what I wish we could have done? Have some of the winners actually give acceptance speeches. Maybe not everybody, since I think everyone will agree this is the shortest show in a while, lol. But certainly there's room for some of the winners to say a few words. I'd love love love to have had Phillip on, of course!

Luke

Reaction score
But certainly there's room for some of the winners to say a few words. I'd love love love to have had Phillip on, of course!
You know what would make a great show one week (unrelated to the awards) - like a round table thing. Have some of the more knowledgable people on who've followed Henson and Muppets over the years and do like a discussion on the state of the Muppets/Henson world. I think Phil would be great, also maybe any from Greg, Kevin, Jamie etc - and you could get someone like Travis or Ken on for the licensors perspective, and maybe a Muppeteer or Muppet writer on for the "inside" scoop - Karen Prell or Jim Lewis would be fantastic. Either people could send in (or you could record them asking) questions for them individually or you could try conference calling them in together. I think it may be possible to record an audio conference room in Skype.

It'd be like a Muppet Larry King Live, lol

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think it oughta be voted for at MC seeing as its the MC awards, but i think the first people should hear of the winners should be on the Muppetcast ceremony - with a simple list of winners put on MC after. It'd be cool if more of the award winners could be included on the Muppetcast broadcast too. The whole thing could be set up at MC as a series of polls in a sub forum, where you cannot see the results or current totals until the poll closes. That is possible with this forum software, and would ensure its one vote per member. The people listed in each poll could just contain whoever is nominated before the poll starts or be say a few people pre-selected by a panel of judges - although whoevers involved probably oughta voluntarily opt out of the awards. Just some ideas, it is just a bit of fun, but if this amount of work is going into each year by you guys it deserves to be done in a big way on the forum.

It needs someone with major forum access so maybe Kev would step in seeing as Ed is very active in fan fic and stuff so he really oughta be included in the nominations.
Ya i think that is a good thought i kind of think that the people in charge of the awards should kind of limit themeslefs of being voted for. Now if they started a thread that would be different. beacuse they are not voteing for that person but the thread which a lot of people are invovled.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
And Steve, can you draft me for next year's awards? I'd be HAPPY to help present a few awards!

BJ

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just finished listening. Good show Steve and Ryan. Kinda felt you were reaching for a "Yes We Have No Bananas" joke there. And hey, wasn't Men Are Pigs meant to be the start of a trilogy? The bits with the Muppets were some of the better segments of this show, thanks to Prawny for doing them. And hey, if Chef made those awful muffins, you think we could send 'em over to Oscar instead? Congratulations to all the winners and I really look forward to next week's show.