Your Thoughts: Authentic Gonzo Replica

goodrastus

Reaction score
Well another GOnzo arrived in Oz last week and I have to say he looks fantastic. A few minor tweaks required but overall he is excellent. His nose is nothing like the proto pics made him out to be - I really have no nose issues to be honest.

I did trim a little around his eyes last night and will definitely be repositioning his pupils. That's my only major niggle with this Muppet replica. His jacket seems a little big but by pulling it back and a little fiddling it seems to fit better.

And I love the pink lip look. Don't know if I'm game to apply paints but I'm wondering what type it is.

Also, does anyone in Australia know where I can get black flocked paper to make new eyes for Gonzo. I've been trying to find some on the net but can't seem to source any. Any help would be appreciated!

Bear Man

Reaction score
Also, does anyone in Australia know where I can get black flocked paper to make new eyes for Gonzo. I've been trying to find some on the net but can't seem to source any. Any help would be appreciated!
I had a quick look around but couldn't immediately see an online store in Australia that has self-adhesive black flocked paper, but it is often used to line the inside of telescopes - try contacting a few of the people listed on this site and see if they can point you in the right direction:

http://www.quasarastronomy.com.au/shops.htm

(and while I'm not IN Australia, I am Australian...so I felt it appropriate to reply!)

goodrastus

Reaction score
Thanks Bear Man - I'm on holidays from tomorrow so will try looking then.

ozshanel

Reaction score
Hey Goodrastus

Firstly thanks for the advice on ordering Gonzo. I went with Plasma Infusion and he arrived a couple of weeks ago and you are right, he was well worth it.

With regards to eye pupils. When I have made puppets in the past I have used some round felt circles I found at the art and craft store called Riot (I think there is one at the QV centre in Melbourne). These felt circles are intended for putting under wooden boxes, speakers etc to stop them scratching your furniture. They are the perfect diameter for pupils and, although they are a couple of millimeters thick, they are non reflective and are perfect circles. You get about 8 or 10 in a pack for only a few dollars and they are self adhesive which makes them really easy to reposition until you get the focus where you want it.

goodrastus

Reaction score
Thanks Ozshane - I went with them too and got him a week or two ago. I'm in Richmond so it's not far to QV and I'm on holidays for a couple of weeks so will try Riot. Ta muchly!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hey Earl, howzit?

I sized up my Gonzo shoes, and they look to be either an infants size 6 or 6 & 1/2, or a toddlers small 7.

I've gotten two more pairs of shoes for Gonzie from Payless Shoes, they tend to have the inbetween sizes.

Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Hey Earl, howzit?

I sized up my Gonzo shoes, and they look to be either an infants size 6 or 6 & 1/2, or a toddlers small 7.

I've gotten two more pairs of shoes for Gonzie from Payless Shoes, they tend to have the inbetween sizes.

Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony
Thanks for the quick reply, Anthony!

Hope everything's going well for you!

:stick_out_tongue: