"Dinosaurs is one of the dumbest shows ever..."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
According to Maxim that is...

http://www.maximonline.com/The10DumbestTVShowsEver/articles/18453.aspx

You know what I have to say about that? Screw them! If you ask me, here's a better list of the ten dumbest shows on TV...

10. Just Shoot Me
9. Survivor
8. Amazing Race
7. Big Brother
6. Wife Swap
5. Supernanny
4. The Beverly Hillbillies
3. Three's Company
2. Hogan's Heroes
1. Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Luke

Reaction score
Since when was screw taken out of the swear filter? lol

I agree Snowth, i like it!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I wouldn't call dinosaurs dumb at all it was a very great family show and yet edgy at the same time...man what's this world coming to!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Boobs at Maxim

Here's the list if you don't want to link to it. I don't feel any problem with just posting it here because too many "writers" feel that making out a top ten list is actual writing.

The Mind of Mencia
Growing Up Gotti
MTV's Next
Deal or No Deal
Walker, Texas Ranger
Saved by the Bell
Dinosaurs
Joey
The War at Home

I agree largely with this, but they've mixed so many genres together that the list is incoherent. I wouldn't call Next a real television show. I still don't see how According to Jim didn't make the list along with many other irritating programs (I dare you to watch PAX).

Personally, Mencia was amusing for five minutes of his career before the realization sets in on just how hacky he is. There's nothing appealing about the Gotti family. 24 lost its way in the third season for my taste, but it's not bad by a long shot! I could do without ever seeing or hearing Howie Mandell ever again; the dude has always rubbed me the wrong way. Being a native Texan I find Walker an insult on many levels...mainly the level of good taste. Saved by the Bell was a silly show marketed toward teenage girls, why was the guy at Maxim watching it? Joey was bad, but not the worst. I watched a couple episodes and remember one or two small laughs. I remember Family Matters being programmed adjacent to Muppets Tonight. Urkel never made me laugh, why isn't that on the list? The War at Home is a victory for mediocrity, but not the worst or dumbest show of all time. How lazy are these people?

Dinosaurs was not my favorite Henson program. It has its problems and good points too. I have met some with a particular loathing of the program, but nobody that would stick it on a top ten of anything. It was one of the first big post-Jim attempts and successes. It also brought us Bill Barretta. In all, I like Dinosaurs and I'm glad it was made.

Nobody is even credited for this list. Must have been a dull news day for cleavage. :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Boy, wait till my (real life) best friend hears about Walker, Texas Ranger making the list!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Wait till Chuck Norris hears about his show making the list the people who wrote this list better watch out! lol

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Mind of Mencia
Growing Up Gotti
MTV's Next
Deal or No Deal
Walker, Texas Ranger
Saved by the Bell
Dinosaurs
Joey
The War at Home
Errr... well, they got most of the rest of that list right (24 my foot, though, and I'm not even a fan).

But seriously, a show that smashed pop culture, dared to make fun of religion, and even scientology before South park did, and over all went further than the Simpsons ever went is DUMB! Are they watching the same show? They didn't see the Dinos accepting a giant baked potato as a religious diety because they were told to? They didn't see a weopons company profiteering from both sides of a war? It's one of the most intellegent things I've seen in a while, actually.

And how the shell come Jerry Springer or Maury Povich isn't on that list? I mean, Maury's been beating the same "Who da babby's daddy" horse to death for years now, and he's still on. If that's not what dumb is, I don't know what is.

Plus, I'd love to see people stop writing the "top Ten Best in a bunch of overpaid slacker's opinion" of everything. Oooh! You have a website with a pointless list of stuff you like just for the sake of listing stuff you like? I could see random people on blogs doing that, but when so called publications do it it's pathetic!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I was so shocked at the title! The I opened the thread and realised what the REAL topic is!

Of course we're all going to defend Dinosaurs. Drtooth did a pretty good job of that along with everyone else in the thread. So I will put myself in the category of "How dare they! Dinosaurs rocks!"

But I agree with Jamie, the list is really sporadic and not really based on any sort of criteria... It sounds more like a list of shows that this one guy really didn't like, for no reason.

And although they may not all be the best shows, some of them aren't all that bad. Like 24 is pretty interesting and it had a very unique concept of making a show in real-time. And if we're talking sitcoms, I've seen worse ones than The War at Home and Joey (Like Still Standing and According To Jim). And I don't care what anyone says, Saved By The Bell is awesome.

I can agree with Next, however, it's really trashy! Like marshmallows for the mind. And although Howie Mandel is Canadian (which gives him bonus points), I find Deal or No Deal is very over-the-top and the contestants showboat the whole time, and there's a lot of shouting. It's probably my second-least favourite game show (the first being The Weakest Link).