Snuffy's Parents Get a Divorce

Redsonga

Reaction score
Wow! That's amazing that they actually showed this episode where you live.
I did'nt know the PBS channel I've had all my life from KQED San Francisco was so one of a kind :eek: . I honestly thought everyone had seen the episode :embarrassed:
But now that I think of it, they have always been a very art and study based channel and I would not have put it past them to 'test' something on us :stick_out_tongue:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I just shot over to Muppet wikie to re read the articel, and i have some things to say.

First: You can edit it all you need to do is log in to do so. If your not a member you more then lilky can become on fairly easy.

Second; I think this would have been a better idea for a Video or DVD. That way parents can use it as a tool to help explain what is going on with there own lives. The key there would be that the whole family would need to watch it and talk about it afterwards.

Thrid: I think the fact that it is such a personal topic it is good to use a Muppet. If done right they can really make the message knowned a little better then a human could. Snuffy would not have been my choice though. To me he is one of the more Scaryir of the SS muppets and i just dont think it would have fit right. I could see even creating a newe Muppet just for that one show. I could also see Elmo or Abby dealing with this in there own way, and i think kids could relate to it more,

Redsonga

Reaction score
To me it had even more emotion in it because it was Snuffy.
I could have cared less if it was some human like muppet or Elmo. The fact that he was so un-human and still having this trouble was really something to me...Something about those big sad eyes I guess.

I had no trouble with who they picked, more than anything it was the fact that they only focused on the bad side of things and did not show any of the hope side, more than anything, that their daddy was not gone forever, that there would not be anymore yelling, etc...

It's one of those things that unless you saw it yourself when you were little you can't really comment on why it did'nt 'work'. It's really something you have to have seen with a certain mindset...

Like I said, I come from a very good case of divorce for the right reasons and it even depressed me :stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
*pokes at wiki* I wonder would I be allowed to edit it with what I know? :halo:
I don't know. It might be best to ask on the talk page first. Muppet Wiki seems to frown upon making pages or sketch descriptions based on memory, especially not memory from that long ago.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't know. It might be best to ask on the talk page first. Muppet Wiki seems to frown upon making pages or sketch descriptions based on memory, especially not memory from that long ago.
I don't mean adding detail about the episode I mean about it airing on the channel it did. And as for memory, if it is that long ago and most of the people that worked there are gone now how else are you going to get the info from something like an airing that rare ? :stick_out_tongue: Just because I am not an older member...